- Added music tracks 02,03,04 from Soundrama
- Added a fifth pilot to the Echo Squad team. Player is now ECHO 00. The other eight
pilots (ECHO05 to ECHO12) remain on-station aboard the GCV-EXCALIBUR and GCV-MERLIN carriers.
- Minor Frontend related cleanup
- Added newly AI tagged stations to assets dB. Can now fire and launch fighters.
- [PTE]Disabled the generation of grass/tree folliage. Not required for this game since
there are no vehicles nor first person gameplay modes.
- [PTE]Added new 3D buildings to scene asset dB.
- [PTE]Added final city/base scenes to Earth planet. Removed all placeholders.
NOTE: All scenes are mission specific and serve a purpose. This game is not about
exploration, trading, diplomacy or any of that nonsens. Since the Gammulans have pretty
much decimated the Terran homeworlds, there's not much to see on planets, other than the
few starbases and cities that are still standing. Unlike our previous games which literally
had thousands of places to visit, explore and conquer. If you want a game like that, go pick up
any of the Battlecruiser or Universal Combat game series.
The game missions are theatre specific. This means that a mission which takes place
in space, does not require you to go down to Earth planet to explore. If you go exploring
while playing a campaign scenario, you will be taken off active duty and the game will END.
Several missions in a scenario have planetary targets as the objective. That will give you the
ability to go look around. To explore fully, you have to complete the campaign first, at which point
the game will revert to free form for a period of time before it exits. Like it or not, unlike our previous
games, there is no perpetual free-form gameplay mode in the GALCOM series. The incentive to
fallback to free-form gameplay, is to complete the campaign scenario.
- Several graphics related revisions:
- [STE]Addressed several minor graphics rendering engine related to graphics engine port
- [STE]Final performance/visual tweaks to explosion fx
- [STE]Final performance/visual tweaks to damage fx
- [PTE]Implemented final high res planetary terrain textures. Removed placeholders.
- [PTE]Final visual tweaks to planetary [volumetric] missile contrail fx. Now there are two
fx types to make it easier to visually identify an inbound thread.
ATA (Air-To-Air) ATS (Air-To-Surface) : White/Grey
ATS (Air-To-Surface) STO (Surface-To-Orbit) APN (All-Purpose-Naval) etc : Brownish
- [PTE]Various minor terrain rendering fixes and tweaks (e.g. distance shading, site texture rendering etc).
- [PTE]improved terrain mesh normals generation. Terrain looks lots better!
- FIXED:[PTE]issue with terrain tile rendering in "flattened" (where bases/cities are) areas
- FIXED:[PTE]issue with site (on which bases/cities are placed) texture rendering
- FIXED:[PTE]Water rendering on planet was being overwritten.
- FIXED:Console server crash due to recent graphics revisions.
- FIXED:Returning to the main menu and starting a new scenario without first quitting to the OS
would cause a crash due to previously unfreed 3D assets.
- FIXED:Going to TACOPS and returning to cockpit would cause HDR lighting anomalies