- Because the first person view position is tied to the model with mouse look, your model
will sometimes appear to be tilting at an angle, when viewed by another client.
- At very high frame rates, characters in escort mode will constantly update their
position around the object they are escorting (e.g. player). This is not fatal and
is only happening due to the increased AI processing loop. Its more of an annoyance
than a bug and is only seen if viewing the character from an external camera view
or if a character who was previously prone, decides to fine tune his position, even
though you [player] have not moved at all and then crosses your view (thus ending
up in obscuring the line of fire).
- You can drive through trees. There is no collision detect for them because
they are not solid objects. If they were, the performance hit would be significant.
Especially due to the sheer number of trees which can be in an area at any one
time. Vegetation is there for scenery purposes only and do not bear any relevance
- If you go up a building then go prone and have personnel escorting you,
they too will go prone and possibly end up prone at some really funny angles.
This is the same as going prone on a mountain, then crawling over a peak because
you can. The end result being that a good portion of your body is suspended in
midair. So don't do it because it can't be addressed.
- While on the planet and viewing a target which resides on another map (that
you are not on) using the F10 key, the target will sometimes appear to be
slightly above the ground. This is due to terrain height variations since that
region is only demand loaded. If you actually go there, you will see that the
ground units are exactly where they should be. The F10 camera - like all view
cameras - is for viewing purposes only.
- If you died in the game and previously had a saved game prior to your death,
but when you restore it you are still dead, it means that the saved game in which
you are dead, is still cached and being auto-loaded. A workaround for this is to
quit the game, go to the SAVE folder and delete the file with the .SAV extension.
Then start the game and Restore the saved profile you wish to use.
- [MULTIPLAYER]If you are docked at a station which then gets destroyed, you will not be killed.
Instead, you can launch just fine.
- [MULTIPLAYER]If your CC is destroyed due to a reactor shutdown or similar mishap unrelated to
being destroyed by another client or NPC, the server will not send a message because it
doesn't handle that situation. You will just respawn as normal and other clients will
see you as reconnecting, not knowing what happened. This usually happens if you took
serious combat damage and your nuclear reactor goes South and self-destructs.
- [MULTIPLAYER]The ASE powered in-game server browser takes up to 40 secs to update the number of
clients on the server. So sometimes the number of clients displayed, does not necessarily
relfect the actual number of clients on the server. This means the server list will not display
correctly until ASE master server has updated. This can take as long as 40 seconds. This also means
information displayed to someone wanting to join is only as good as the last update or refresh they
did. This was done by ASE in order to prevent clients from flooding the master server by doing
- [MULTIPLAYER]If you had the chat message log window open in the front view, then switch to
Tacops and back again, the window is not refreshed until a new message comes in.