DJP's Arent fully working for me

Ok, I have UC, UCSE and UCAWA. I started with UC and then learned that it was updated so I bought UCSE. After a few days of learning the game, I tried using the DJP's to transport my AE as a marine and they only work when I am transporting to another DJP on the current base, I cannot transport to any DJP outside of the local base. I then reinstalled UC and I had no problems Transporting outside the local base. Then for a complete leap of faith, I purchased another version of the game, UCAWA and tried and it won't transport off the local base either.

It seems that UCAWA and UCSE have an issue with the DJP's and I was hoping someone can give me an idea why I am the only one having this problem.

Thanks in advance

You're not the only one, I can confirm this, well spotted. No problem in UC, distant destinations do not work for DJP's in UCAWA and UCSE.

To reproduce (exactly the same happens in both UCAWA and UCSE):

SNG (roam)

choose MIM career (any marine will do, but MIM is faster), default start location

choose roam and explore scenario

go to nearest DJP,

press U to use it, Y to confirm

select PLANET

select any race/caste and any scene

at the top of the list appears 033C017EXIT

then a list of bases or cities in that scene (though for some scenes no bases appear).

Select any of the bases, then the portal.

It just exits the menu, your position does not change, and you can attempt to use the DJP again immediately.

If you use the NEARBY option, it all works correctly (i.e. no menu glitches, takes you to the

other DJP in the base and doesn't allow you to reuse the DJP for another 5 minutes)

Looks like a problem with the localization table. We'll look into it.

In fact, those localized strings were done back in 07/06 in UCAWA. Thats why the problem exists in that game as well as in UCSE, but not UC.

SInce its a crucial issue, we'll definitely fix it and release a patch for it.

[ 07-15-2007, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Wow... no shit. I'm glad I mentioned it.

Too bad it took me 70 US dollars to figure out it was in fact something wrong. Thats ok, I will chalk it up as Monetary support for something I would like to see continue in development.

Thanks Ben

Thanks Derek.

JB

You're welcome, and welcome to this little community of ours. If you like the series so much, would you be interested in joining a fleet and getting involved in some organised MP ?

This has been fixed in UCSE and UCCE. There is no point in fixing it for UCAWA, since thats a much older product.

A patch for both (UCCE is off to production for retail release) will be released in August when UCCE hits the shelves and online distribution sites.

Buzz, thanks for noticing this. In exchange for your expenditure, I'm going to give you a free copy of the digital distribution version of UCCE when released. Please PM me when UCCE is released.

Whooow... Derek, don't go away. I would like to chat with ya for a bit. A little off topic, but never the less I would like to have a quick conversation with ya.

Thanks for that offer, I will take ya up on it.

One lame question though. I do have UC, UCAWA and UCSE. I find myself using UCAWA to play, mostly because I am seeing smoother play, (Framerate wise) and less CTD's with UCAWA than UCSE. Please explain to me that it's just in my head.

JB

Well, fleets have their own training programs, showing you stuff and tricks you probably haven't worked out on your own, you can get involved in team-based MP matches (or downloadable single player missions) battling for control of the galaxy for your alliance, as you gain in experience, maybe reaching a team leadership position at some point, and there's always all the RP (storytelling) possibilities...

ISS and Wraith are the two most active atm.