Game Crash with error

Phased

I regret to say that I am still receiving this error. I am at my wit's end. It has occured in each version that I have run, including the preview 2.09E (unsupported).

As I said earlier, it only happens after targeting an enemy in the FPD, and then putting the BC in Autopilot. It doesn't happen in the first enemy encounter -- it happens after several encounters.

I just started a brand new game (2.09E), went to Navitron and ordered the BC to Lennin, and when I got there I order the BC to ATTACK the ODS (A/P AI mode). The BC fired the PTA until it disabled the ODS, circled a bit, then fired a missile. At this point, the game crashed. Very strange that it didn't happen right away.

System Specs

-------------

Gateway P3/550

128 meg ram

Voodoo3 3000

Soundblaster AudioPCI 64D

DOS memory is at 598k (612,338 bytes).

My current save-games are for 2.09E, which is not supported. If you wish, I can restore back to 2.08 and recreate the error.

[This message has been edited by Steve Schacher (edited 12-13-1999).]

Steve,

please send me your actual config.sys, and autoexec.bat via email. Also, I need the complete output of the "mem" command started in a dos box. I am sure we can work something out, even if it takes some days. wink.gif

Regards,

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

• 2 weeks later...

Hey to those people who say they have to start a name game everytime they change settings, I just want to clarify. You people are actually deleting everything, and mean you can't copy away the save game to bring it back in later after you have installed the game again right?