patch from 1.0x to 2.07

F104

Hi...

I bought the original 1.0 box, because here in Bologna (ITALY) i didn't find version 2.0

Then i bought via credit card (15$) the BattleCruiser Upgrade CDROM from 1.0x to 2.07

I tried to install the patch but it locks up at 68% with a error message:

Old file not found. However a new file with the same name was found. Patch can not continue because file contents don't match.

The file is bc3lib1a.res i see.

I tried to reinstall the game many times but the error is always there...

What can i do to patch the game?

Please help me... thx!!

1. The v1.0x to v2.0x download patch was never on sale for $15, so, I don't know where you bought it from.

2. If you are getting that error, it means that you are trying to patch the wrong version.

3. The downloadable patch is no longer available and hasn't been for over two months. So, you won't even be able to get the proper one.

4. I just checked the BMT sales log and don't find an entry with your details.

Yes, I found the order but I'm confused. As of two months ago, the full v2.08 CD-ROM is what was being sent out. Your girlfriend place the order on 12/12/99 and therefore, you should have received a v2.08 CD-ROM which you just install from (by running the SETUP.EXE file on the CD-ROM). It is not a patch and does not require the original.

Did you get a CD-ROM in the mail or did you get a file download link? If you got a CD-ROM, send me a listing of the files on the

CD-ROM to [email protected] . If you got a file download link. Thats wrong. If you got a CD-ROM with the v1.0 to v2.07 patch on it. Thats wrong.

I just got your email. BMT Micro is definitely sending out the wrong CD-ROM. They should be sending out the full v2.08 CD-ROM, instead of a CD-ROM with v1.0x to v2.07 patch on it.

That patch they sent you will only work on the boxed UK (Gametek) v1.0x. If you have the US version, then it won't work. I don't know how you got the boxed US (Take2) version in Italy. Which do you really have anyway?

If you have the US version. It won't work.

If you have the UK version, then you need to

1. Install the FULL 1.0

2. Open up an MS-DOS session

3. Copy the files from the CD-ROM to the folder where BC3K is installed

4. Open an MS-DOS session. Change to the BC3K folder and type updateuk ?, using your CD-ROM drive letter instead of ?.

It will then copy some files from the v1.0 CD-ROM (which must be in the CD-ROM drive), to the BC3K folder, before starting the patch. If you have the UK version and the patch does not work, it means that you have not done it properly.

No matter which version you have, they should be sending you a v2.08 CD-ROM once they get my email asking wtf is going on over there. For now, if the patch works, use it. Once you get the v2.08 CD-ROM, just delete the BC3K folder and re-install v2.08 from the CD-ROM.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 12-24-1999).]

I think this is exactly the problem.

I have the US version from Take2 and i bought it in a simple videogames shop here in Bologna.

I tried many times the sequence you told me but it doesn't work anyway.

I think all i can do is wait for the new CDROM...

Thank you very much Commander for your big and quick help!!!