Fatal Error: Cannot Open bc3lib3.res

Guest DEAN.SD

Guest DEAN.SD

I get this error while trying to start the game.

I have searched the forum for this error and found some comments, but I did not get a clear understanding of the fix.

Hi! Sounds like bad install. Check your install directory. The name of your install directory shouldn't exceed over 8 marks like it says in F.A.Q. Start from the scratch.

If you can't get it running post here your original game version (i.e. 1.00 or 2.00 or 2.08) and your patch history (if any). And once more read F.A.Q.

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining

This happened once to me after I had already installed the game and played it for a while with no problems. I came back to play it again and it gave me this error. The problem is caused by a missing or corrupted file which is most often the result of some sort of damage to the disk. I would suggest running scandisk and defrag on the drive just to be sure and then copy your saved games to another dir on your drive or another drive (if you have any), uninstall or delete the BC3000AD dir and reinstall. Then, repatch if neccessary and copy your saved games back into the proper directory. Disk damage can cause anything from a bad install to a game going corrupt for no reason. If this doesn't work, you should check your cd. Check it for scratches and make sure it's clean and not dusty.