Voodoo 3 2000

Guest Zero

Hey guys, I just got a new Voodoo 3 2000 PCI 16 Megabyte 2D/3D Accerator.

When I startup, the sound works fine, but a few minutes later, the sound cuts off. No conflicts in Resource / Device Manager. I cant get the other 2D Video card out, because it's on the mother board somehow. Same goes for the sound card. I have the old card disabled at the moment, I have tried EVERYTHING. I am hoping that someone out there knows what's wrong, I don't want to spend any money for a tech to look at it.

Thanks so much

------------------

The newbiest of all newbies,

Zero

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 12-27-1999).]

Zero,

Post some more info regarding sound card etc but have you tried deleting the hmiset.cfg file and then running the sound setup again??

Also, have you disabled the motherboard graphics card in Windows or have you done in properly by jumper settings/BIOS ???

If it's anything like my Package From Hell machine I can't disable it in the BIOS or with jumpers so I have to disable it from within Windows, I had loads of problems until I took my Banshee card back out, changed the drivers for my original ATI card to standard PCI VGA card and then disabled it, refitted the Banshee & reinstalled the drivers.

Cmdr Andy DiFontaine