3DFX still doesnt work after reading the FAQ, please help

Guest Asmo

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting the BC3K demo V2.0x to work in 3DFX mode. I have a Diamond monster II Voodoo2 with the latest drivers(2.54). I have read through the FAQ and verified the Glide2x.ovl file exists in my windows directory. I have also tried downloading the Voodoo drivers supplied on the BC3K site and copied the Glide2x.ovl file directly into the BC3K directory.

And yes I am running from the BC3K3DFX shortcut, but the game still only recognizes my Viper 770 TNT2 card.

Any other suggestions?? I would realy like to get this demo to work before I decide to purchase the full product.

Thanks in advance!!

Guest aramike01

Asmo, I've got bad news and worse news for you. First, the bad: The demo is unsupported. Now the worse: I'm not sure of this, but I don't believe 3DFX works with the demo.

Take a little hint of advice from me...

BUY THE GAME!

Believe me, if you want the most open-ended game out there with incredible options and sophistication, this is the game to have. Just play the demo for awhile (software mode) and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you can handle all BC3K has to offer, buy the game. The graphics will come.

Welcome aboard, Commander! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 01-19-2000).]

The game does not detect 3D add-in cards, just the 2D one. There are two shortcuts included and even if you use the BC3K (3DFX) one, the game will still first detect your 2D card but will use your 3D card when you are in the 3D world. I think this is covered in the FAQ.

Yes the demo can work in 3dfx mode. And I think his is working, it's just it hasn't said it's using the 3d card so he thinks it's not. If you are using the 3dfx shortcut and you see graphics at all. It's using your 3dfx card smile.gif

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"