Old had needs help

Guest Blackwell

Guest Blackwell

Gentlemen,

I have been gone for over 7 months! It's good to be back. To the point.

I have upgraded boxed 2.0 to 2.9 via patches.

The game will freeze the computer on the windows screen. The odd thing is that it occurs when I try to start the sound configuration and either bc3k icons. The procedure of having the dos screen remain visible so I can find out what the error is does not work because the game fressez the computer on the windows screen instantly. I have to press the reset button to reboot because my keyboard also locks up.

AMD K6-2 300

64megs

Diamond Stealth II S220

STB Black Magic Vodoo II

I have tried re-installing four times with same result. Any help would be apreciated.

[This message has been edited by Blackwell (edited 01-22-2000).]

Word up Black,

Welcome back. Have you tried deleteing hmiset.cfg? Are you postive your memory are configured correctly? If it still dosen't work I'm sure someone with more exprience can help you out. But the answer's got to be somewhere in the faq, so I suggest you go over it again.

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 01-22-2000).]

Guest Blackwell

I tried what you sudgested with no result.

If I could just get the dos screen up at least I could have an idea of what is going on. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly apreciated. I am eager to get back to the bridge since all the changes that have taken place since I last played. Thank you,

Cmdr. Joshua Blackwell

ECV-INSTIGATOR

Omega Battle Group

"Do unto others... FIRST!"

[This message has been edited by Blackwell (edited 01-22-2000).]

Josh, Your drivers are the problem. I recommend you get the latest ones for your Voodoo Board, or get the ones from this site. Been there, ate that bad tomato and got sick. 'Nuff Said!'

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"