A TWEEKER GUIDE TO GETTIN THE MOST SPEED OUT OF BC! MUST READ!

Okay people, oldbie, newbies alike. Have you ever ran into the following situations while playing 'THE GAME'? As your are waging massive space-battles suddently your computer slows down to a crawl. This is especially true when attacking a star-station, normally frame-rate would jump from 40fps to about 10fps. It certainly happens on my system, even with a PIII 500 and a vodoo3 graphic accelerator. Commanders there is good news! After reading this article here

www.cdmag.com I tweeked around with my system and to my suprise 'THE GAME' runs perfectly now. I mean perfect! So guess who's problem was it after all? Nope, it's not Mr.Smart's fault, it's *supprise* mr.Bill Gates's fault.

Due to the poor nature of windows, it's what's been causing the reported slow downs. You see window use this thing called Vcache and it totally suck at it( I won't go into the detail, it's simple just read it on the tweekman site). Don't ask me why, ask the dudes at Microsoft. Anyway, follow the guide on www.cdmag.com and get the Vcache tweek program. It's called cacheman and you can find it at this site:

www.outertech.com/english/index.html . Download it, tweek with it. All you have to do is click on settings, select either Win-95 or Win-98, then click on 3D games. Restart you systems. Magic, man, it's pure magic. Now my B.C runs like magic, I don't believe it! I'm fighting huge-space battles with a 30+ frame rate! Unbelieveble! I think I really hit upon something here, now please go try it and tell me if it works on your system. Peace, I'm out...for real this time...

P.S also make sure you read article at the www.cdmag.com site. Tweek your system according to it. I know I'm proably just getting all exicited over nothing, you guys proabably already knows about this. But, hey I'm trying to help. You will be glad when you B.C game runs perfectly smooth, it's like a whole new exprience. UNBELIEVEBLE...

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 03-03-2000).]