Voodoo5 5500 Problems

Pirate, You've been vendicated. Now stop beating yer head against a wall and thinking it was only YOUR machine. wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Crazy after all these years!"

Hell of a way to get vondicated Rattler.

Accessed Config via the bridge and experienced the same hanging black screen of death after selecting either Save or Abort.

System setup specs are as Vorpals.

Voodoo5 5500 set to factory defaults.

Delected joystick.cfg and setup.cfg files as suggested by Rattler. Restarted and configed soundcard, etc., same hanging black screen. It seems that my voodoo doll is not syncing up to 3d after a 2d screen.

Thanks Vorpal

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 07-15-2000).]

Gallion I just saw this on Voodoo Extreme it may help with the problem we're having... http://www.voodooextreme.com/koolsmoky/v_ctrl.html

It's still in beta so unless your feeling brave you may not want to load it, but it (according to the description at least) allows for custom refresh rates and such.

It's made specificly for 3DFX cards but hasn't been tested on V5's yet. Again, only try if your feeling brave.

I'll try it at some point if need be (I don't mind reloading my OS on my gaming system), unfortunatly right now my free time is being swallod up by Scuba classes (only 1 more week after this one) and a few other things. My piddly amount of game time these days is spent on Diablo II and I'm not even past the first act. I have friends who aren't even gamers passing me up... This will all change in about two weeks but untill then I'm not going to have the time to trouble shoot this much. Post what you find or feel free to e-mail. I'll help out if I can!

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 07-21-2000).]

Thanks for the point Vorpal. I downloaded and installed this gizmo. Initial impression(s) look very promising. v-ctrl recognized my voodoo5 doll features, etc. without any hick-ups...yet biggrin.gif

Will experiment later this eve and post the results there-of cool.gif

TTFN

FYI 3DFX just released new Voodoo 5 drivers today.

And I found yet another tweak program, this one is specificaly for V5 cards.... http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~r.stijge...odoo/index.html

Here's the feature I find most interesting...

Added ability to limit (Glide-) texture memory to 2MB. This is for old Glide games, that run on Glide 2.x or lower. For instance, Red Baron 3D running on a V5 (with Glide 3.x) shows black holes in the landscape without this feature enabled.

I'm going to go ahead and try this one out myself this weekend and I'll post the results (prob. later tonight).

Initial experimentation with the new voodoo doll drivers failed. Various V-ctrl settings also failed. Experiencing same hanging black screen of death 2d/3d v-sync.

Taking a break from this for a few hours. This has got to be something simple that I am missing.

TTFN