Diamond Monster 3D 3dfx problem...

Epsilon 5

Finally, I have a new video card, a 3Dfx one.

Here is my system description. The video thing is kinda tricky.

Pentium 150

32mb RAM

1 mb Cirrus logic video card LINKED with a 4mb Diamond Monster 3D acceleration addon card (Named MULTIMEDIA DEVICE under windows)

I can now start the game in 3Dfx mode (which I wasn't able with only my CL card) but the game is NOT FASTER AT ALL. I have the latest drivers, but it changes nothing. The video card is supposed to handle Direct3D, OpenGL, 3Dfx with glide up to v3.x. It works perfectly with all my other games, but not in BC3000AD v2.09

Is my system configuration incompatible or the game too complex for my CPU to help the FPS goo up? The game DOES start in 3Dfx, because the sun glow is colored (normally it's white) I know it's stupid, but it's the only proof that I'm in 3Dfx.

If you wonder about my video config, here are some technical details:

In windows, I use my CL-5446 drivers. Then, on the monitor output, I plug a wire to the Monster card. Then I plug my monitor on the Monster card. In windows, The device is named under MULTIMEDIA DEVICE as Diamond Monster 3D video accelerator.

Could someone help?

I would guess your problemis with your processor and ram. While you CAN play, you are running bare min. BC3K does ALOT of processing, and when the AI gets going your framerates are going to drop. I have a PIII450 and I still will get taken down to 5 FPS when alot of AI ships are around.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Yeah, Eclipse is right. You've got a low end processor, just a little bit of RAM, and only a 4mb vid accelerator. Your best bet would be to get more RAM and a faster vid chip. That may speed things up.

Also, stay away from ACM. The first one will bring even the best machines to a crawl. A drunken one at that.

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid, Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1