'Please', help!!!

Guest Jag Uar

Guest Jag Uar

I have just bought a new system and can't get bc3000ad 2.0 to run, though I've read trouble shooting faq. My system specs:

cpu duron 900, 256 meg ram, geforce 2, asus mb, sb live...did I forget something???

Problem: bc starts{initial screen and drivers load, then crashes back to desktop with this message:

Invalid page exception

fault location: 0028:c000ife7

faulting component: umm{01}t00000fe7

interrupts in service: none

I have downloaded the patches but can't get them to install either. It's been a long time since I played this game and i would love to begin again with the up-dated version. If someone could help me I'd be very appreciative indeed!! Cheers.

Guest Jag Uar

I'm trying to run version 2.O. After downloading the patches 2.8 - 2.9, the first won't install; I think for the same reason that the game won't run. On my old system, running win98 first edition I had no problems but with second edition it won't work!!! Thanks for trying......

er you can't install the patch 2.08-2.09 before patching up to 2.08. Download all the patches from 2.0 up and try it. Remember to run the patches from the BC3K folder

Guest Jag Uar

er commander - I have downloaded both patches and I can't get the first patch to run from the game directory. Any other helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, jag uar mentioned win98 second edition.

Jag, you saying you have both the 2.00 - 2.08 and the 2.08 - 2.09 patches? One or both might have gotten corrupted on download. Try getting them again.

Did you also remember to run the sound setup before running the game? There is a small file in your bc3000 directory that is named setup but has an MS-Dos icon for it. Run that before running the game.

You could also try running 2.0 first and if that works go to the next step/patch.

I have Win98 first edition or the beta or whatever it's called but it works fine here. Been a while though.

Also make sure you are not trying to run the 3dfx version. Use the software version since you don't have a 3dfx card.

Guest Jag Uar

thanks vice admiral - i'll try downloading both patches again but I doubt it will work cause bc3000ad v2 should still work by itself{like on win98first ed.}. If I get frystrated enough I may just install it again to find out. I have had problems running a couple of other programs: b-17 and tropico but that's because they're both badly built platforms. I wonder if direct x 8 is a cause also? As for memory problems, I've tweaked my memory as per instructions in troubleshooting - to no avail. Thanks anyway for the support!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jag Uar:

thanks vice admiral - i'll try downloading both patches again but I doubt it will work cause bc3000ad v2 should still work by itself{like on win98first ed.}. If I get frystrated enough I may just install it again to find out. I have had problems running a couple of other programs: b-17 and tropico but that's because they're both badly built platforms. I wonder if direct x 8 is a cause also? As for memory problems, I've tweaked my memory as per instructions in troubleshooting - to no avail. Thanks anyway for the support!!!

BCv2 doesn't use DirectX. If it is a corrupt download, that has absolutely nothing to do with Windows. Even Windows 98 can't make a corrupt file to work.

Anyway, you should do all this and I'm 99% sure it will work:

-Uninstall BC3K.

-Go to the BC3K folder and MANUALLY delete it after uninstall. VERY IMPORTANT.

-Download the necessary patches.

-Install BC3K.

-Apply patches.

-Go through set up.

-Play game.

That was a sneaky way to use my nick!!

Hmm, I think this young whipper snapper I will call Jag Jr.

Not sure I like someone else using a perverted form of my nick, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

And As long as you're not a liberal, lord knows I don't want to be confused with one of those!!

And tell the wizard "hi" for me!!

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Guest Jag Uar

Well, Cmdr. Jaguar, I might just be your senior, at least in the age stakes. Jag jr doesn't quite sound right to me......after all, I know absolutely nothing about you. Are you the type to sleep around with just anyone - and if so, BEWARE, you may catch something nasty out there!!!

Vice Admiral: Thanks for the simple instructions - in my experience often something so complicated is in reality so simple. Therefore, I'm downloading the patches again and will follow your instructions to the letter. If that fails, I will try the first game - I still have the original patches for it - and launch into space yet!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jag Uar:

Well, Cmdr. Jaguar, I might just be your senior, at least in the age stakes. Jag jr doesn't quite sound right to me......after all, I know absolutely nothing about you. Are you the type to sleep around with just anyone - and if so, BEWARE, you may catch something nasty out there!!!

Vice Admiral: Thanks for the simple instructions - in my experience often something so complicated is in reality so simple. Therefore, I'm downloading the patches again and will follow your instructions to the letter. If that fails, I will try the first game - I still have the original patches for it - and launch into space yet!!!

No problem. In truth, I had the exact same problem as you when I get going.

Just be sure to manually delete the BC3K folder after uninstall.

quote:

Doubt that you are my senior, VERY much doubt, and since you are June 2001, and I am January 1999, I think Junior fits just fine!!

But off to other things, Again, hopefully you are NOT a liberal, I would NEVER want to be confused with one of THOSE!!!

Guest Jag Uar

Just a short message to everyone trying to help me run this game - THANKS SO MUCH!!!

To CMDR Jaguar, perhaps you take a lot for granted. A good commander never places him/herself above his troops lest he be the sort that likes to be despised; a tyrannical master or the like. I may just be an ensign, but I am well aware of the qualities of a good leader!!! You seem to imply that you are above me in both age and rank, which is possible - but, you don't really know - nor do I. I've followed this game through from its conception{at least in gaming mags.}{like so many others, probably including yourself} - and I was a member here in 1998, but living in a developing country access to the net was/is slow and frustrating at best. Fortunately, I'm now back in a first world and looking forward to an immersive gaming experience - perhaps you could help me???

Perhaps I could, Perhaps I can't, but you are not getting it, so I will endeavor to explain.

If I am a lurker on a board and notice that a member of that board has used the nick that I wanted for a VERY long time, is VERY active on the board, and has gotten involved with the game, the board, and other things having to do with the game. Common sense would tell me that I should not go near that nick on that board. I would need to choose a new one, not a perverted one of the one already used. BBS protocol would tell me not to go near that Nick, and if I wanted help with something from the person using that nick, I sure as heck wouldn't use it.

I am from Forest Grove Oregon, I have been involved in this board since January 1999,I have over 650 posts, I am the webring master, I am involved in the Beta testing, I help wherever I can.

Then I come here and see that someone from "OZ" has used a perverted form of my nick, and then he has the cahunas to call me "Tyrannical". Like I don't have the right to be a little pissed off? Well, sorry, I'm a little pissed off. If you had wanted my advice and help, you shouldn't have used a perverted form of my nick. You should have had the common sense to know better.

That is why I know that I am older then you..

OK, this is getting ridiculous. It's just a name. Somehow, it has turned into a petty dicksizing competition. Let's get back on topic please.

Feel free to continue your discussions via private messages. Anymore posts on the name subject will be deleted.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]