Battlecruiser 3000AD v2.09 FREE

...wait till I catch those 6796+ people who downloaded BC3K for free instead of actually buying it, back in 1998

But guess what? I got even. I have a Order BCM Online shortcut, right next to the BC3K icon which runs the game.

No way they'd miss that. hehe

Just thought I'd add this here....

Most of you newbies didn't buy frigging game back in 1998-99. Now its out for free and you want what? Support? LOL!!!

OK. Its like this, a demo, freeware and in fact, ALL legacy BC products (includes BC3K v1.0x and BC3K v2.0x) are :

NOT SUPPORTED

As such, don't think that ANYONE here owes you anything; nor that you have carte blanche to create a bunch of threads on my board.

I have instructed moderators to outright BAN anyone who creates another thread related to ANY legacy product, in this, or any forum. The result is that, whether you buy BCM or not, you will NOT be able to post on this site again. Ever.

And just so you know, bans are irreversible. Once you are banned, you are banned FOR LIFE.

The BC legacy related threads that are already here, can remain as is. So, read them, post in them etc, but don't expect ANYTHING from ANYONE here. ALL the people you newbies find here, own the games - thats why they are here. They will help, IF they want to. Don't frigging keep creating new threads. Use the ones that are already here.

The 15K or so (almost 8.5K over at File Planet alone, as of this writing) who didn't buy the game when it was available for sale worldwide, but downloaded the free version, had better learn how to play BC3K and go out and actually buy BCM, otherwise, its the last time I release ANY of my games for free on the Internet again. And since you need to register in order to post, once BCM is out, I'll know if you own it or not.

Yes, I'm p*sssed

That is all

er.. *timidly* does that no-new-thread-directive apply also to the new legacy forum ?

anyway, don┬┤t get me wrong, i don┬┤t mean to get offensive, but why did you release v2.9 for free, if you don┬┤t want people to download it ? or did i miss some point ?

i don┬┤t see anyone complaining or something. every post i read so far just asks some polite questions. i can┬┤t see why this shouldn┬┤t be possible, since the documentation and interface are rather a bit confusing.

i certainly agree with you that no one has the right to demand from you that you offer support or even answer questions on unsupported games. i also find it ok that you require everyone on the pain of banning that they behave themselves. but i don┬┤t see anything wrong when a new member of this community asks a question and another member tries to answer it. i for one thin don┬┤t mind answering newbie questions (even though i myself am just another newbie yet).

as for myself, i will certainly buy your new game when it comes out. i did not buy BC3000 because it never was shipped in europe, and i didn┬┤t have internet back then.

why not just rename the "legacy forum" to "the battlecruiser hell - a place abandoned from god, support and the supreme commander" and let it follow its own destiny ? why not let it be a platform where newbies try to help eachother ?

maybe install automatic censorship, searching for "bad words" like "support", "money back", "demand" etc and have it automatically ban everyone who posts a text with this words in it

sorry for taking the liberty to be so direct... i certainly don┬┤t mean to question your decisions.

best wishes

apollon

quote:

er.. *timidly* does that no-new-thread-directive apply also to the new legacy forum ?

hehe, no. Thats why I revised the forum.

Just don't:

1. Create duplicate threads or those containing already covered topics. When in doubt, search the site or display ALL THREADS

2. Don't ask questions that are already detailed in the manual or FAQ

quote:

sorry for taking the liberty to be so direct... i certainly don┬┤t mean to question your decisions.

Nah, your post was fine. I just can't be bothered to respond to all of it, due to the fact that the answers are, in fact, apparent.

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

And by asking what a legacy product is I don't mean a list of names (I got a list of them at the top of this thread) I mean why are they called legacy.

Checked http://www.dictionary.com

quote:

leg┬Àa┬Àcy (lg-s)

n.pl. leg┬Àa┬Àcies

1.Money or property bequeathed to another by will.

2.Something handed down from an ancestor or a predecessor or from the past: a legacy of religious freedom. See Synonyms at
heritage

That last word explains it pretty clear for me. Stuff that is left over from the past perhaps?

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]