BC3K Under Win ME?

I just tracked down the freeware BC3K, to keep me busy until BCM comes out, and I have run into a brick wall...

Bill Gates' red headed stepchild (I.E. WinME) wont run BC3K...or atleast I cant get it to work as of 1:47am here....anyone mind giving me some help, so I can play the -working- version of what started it all?

System Specs:

Celeron 533

128 meg SDRAM

ATI Rage 128 32meg graphics card (latest drivers)

It ran on the first try for me. However, no sound

WinME

Athlon 950MHz w/ Asus K7V MB

128MB RAM

SB Live! 5.1

GeForce 2

One of the main problems I had, was it ran too FAST!!! Without sound, that's fatal. VERY fatal.

Any ideas on how to get sound up? When I tried to run the sound config WinME barfed. I suppose I should be happy it ran at all, and use Moslo on it or something...

It also confused my monitor, but that was fixable

Any help or ideas would be welcome...

Got sound working, and that seems to have slowed it down to playable speed. Not exactly sure WHY sound works. I re-ran the sound.exe and it worked fine. No windows protection error that I got the first time.

The mysteries of WinME....

Game runs smoothly. Except every once in a while, it crashes to desktop without error message (maybe once every 2 hours?). No idea what's doing it. Makes me want to save frequently.

But there you have it...BC3000AD running pretty much fine on a WinME system. It's good to be able to mess around with all those features that are still WIP (or disabled in demo) in BCM. Only problem is, I keep expecting it to act like BCM Demo...which it most assuredly isn't.

Nice game SC Cannot WAIT for BCM to be released. Take your time though...nail them bugs to the wall.

SB Live! 5.1 drivers work. Plain and simple. Didn't need to download anything except the latest drivers (which I already had). I gather that in the download are the DOS drivers, and it installs them properly. Once I ran setup.exe again, I did auto-detect, and it found the board. Use the SB AWE 32 settings.