Reingard and Salamanda

Guest New Shadow

Guest New Shadow

I suppose everyone has managed to find the Reingard, Salamanda, and the HSD in ACM, right? Well, not me. I have searched, checked the source scripts, and they don't seem to be where they are supposed to be. The Reingard doesn't seem to be in LV130, and the Salamanda doesn't seem to be in its assigned patrol zones. Does anyone have advice on where to look or some task/switch that I'm not triggering? I have found the probe and shuttle, by the way.

Desparately seeking HSD ...

dunno, maybe search the forum.... *eyes the cloaking controls*

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Yep, "Uncle Rattler's" managed to solve that particular TOD. That's the good news. Bad news is that he's been sworn to secrecy. For all you good Commanders out there, I've recently picked up the ACM's for the first time in a very, very long time. What I've discovered is that there are a LOT more of them than there were. If you haven't had at them in a while, go check them out again. wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

OK, take the route towards LV105. On your way there you will find the SOS probe and in LV104 and LV105 you'll find the shuttle. Look at it quickly and RUN! Do NOT Linger near it! Next, take the flux field from LV104 (F12) over to Ylisia in Omega Erindani. From there run, not walk to Vega Eridani system. Go all the way to Obsidia (you'll have to use the flux fields). In Obsidia you'll find a Neutral ship. Scan him for cargo. HSD is on that ship. Send shuttle after his cargo. When, and only when, your shuttle returns with the HSD, Set sail for Galcom. Time will probably be a premium so do not dilly-dally along. As for the Salamanda and Reingard, Don't bother. NOT NEEDED to successfully complete the mission! Straight forward enough? wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 06-07-2000).]

• 1 year later...
Guest MAsta_KFC

Just another question to add. Altho the title in the briefing mentions the HSD, the actual mission briefing talks about the 'Enhanced Nav Module' (ENM). I thought that you were already meant to have found the HSD way back in TOD1, and that the Slamander and/or Reingard actually has the ENM. I've also been to LV105, found the shuttle, then proceeded to Tyrinis, but no salamander. Does that mean that if i dont find it, i get no ENM?

If I remember correctly, when the Salamanda docks the enm remains at the station it docks with, so in a later mission when your cruising around gammulan space, you will [robably find it.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

If I remember correctly, when the Salamanda docks the enm remains at the station it docks with, so in a later mission when your cruising around gammulan space, you will [robably find it.

Correct and wrong. If you don't get the ENM at that point, you don't get it. The trick is to send out a shuttle during your first stint in Majoris and snag the HSD from the UCV-MOLONOK in Obsidia (you will have to manually pilot the shuttle through the flux fields).

Actually grabbing the ENM from the Salamanda is what I consider to be the shinning moment in my BC3K career. The reason being that it's a real pain in the butt tracking down that cloaked Storm Carrier.

NOTE Apparently someone has been able to find the ENM during the last mission as a cargo pod from a destroyed Gam station. I did not experience this but YMMV.

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

quote:

Actually grabbing the ENM from the Salamanda is what I consider to be the shinning moment in my BC3K career. The reason being that it's a real pain in the butt tracking down that cloaked Storm Carrier.

hehe, now you know what I was thinking when I wrote that particular script

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

hehe, now you know what I was thinking when I wrote that particular script

SC's thoughts "Hehe, this one will be a real pain in the butt."

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Guest MAsta_KFC

Oic. Hmmm, guess i have to spend the remaining 45 mins of my mission, tracking it down. Just one more question, does the Salamander patrol diff systems or it stays in Tyrinnis?

Thanx for the help, guys.

quote:

Originally posted by MAsta_KFC:

Oic. Hmmm, guess i have to spend the remaining 45 mins of my mission, tracking it down. Just one more question, does the Salamander patrol diff systems or it stays in Tyrinnis?

Thanx for the help, guys.

Patrols throughout the Gammula system.

Here's some questions to ask yourself:

A Gammulan carrier has just stolen a top secret GALCOM device.

What would the Gammulan commander, being a good citizen of the Gammulan Empire, do with such a device?

Where is the Gammulan High Command located? (Tip, this is also a hint as to the answer to the above question)

Guest MAsta_KFC

Yes i do realize the Salamander will probably slink back home to Gammula Station. However in a fit of desperation i have even tried the postmod cheats to enable the cloaking device artifact and officer 100%AI cheat so i could at least see where the Salamander is. But alas, no salamander patrolling gamma2, gamma1, tyrinnis, LV110 or LV115. i'm beginning to think maybe i'm a bit too late for the party....

quote:

Originally posted by MAsta_KFC:

Yes i do realize the Salamander will probably slink back home to Gammula Station. However in a fit of desperation i have even tried the postmod cheats to enable the cloaking device artifact and officer 100%AI cheat so i could at least see where the Salamander is. But alas, no salamander patrolling gamma2, gamma1, tyrinnis, LV110 or LV115. i'm beginning to think maybe i'm a bit too late for the party....

Beware that cheats can have an undesired effect on the game.

All This tips - is good... But (maybe I've missing something?) no one can find The Reingard itself? i found 'em - Reingard has appear in LV130 at first minute after mission bigining... (you must arrive there at previous green time) after all its docked with station... so I have enough time to catch this GCV by sending shuttle for TOW mission. This ship carry a BIG cargo of missiles! Another QS... WHAT I must pick-up in this mission actually? HSD or ENM? When I read this posts I reLOAD my last SaveGame and try complete this mission, cause I hate go out without finishing job.

Thanks a lot to 'resurect' this Qs again!

... For the 'time economy' you can use a shuttle-1 for towing Reingard to GALCOM, shuttle-2 for sell/bye stuff and refueling, and Shuttle-3 FOR TOWING YOUR GCV to Polaris - cause the shuttle's recharging time MUCH shortly! During the flight you must monitored - the Sh-1 and Sh-2 Rout - for docking them with the station (Look at distant to station), launch em after all and RTB.

But I still have a few Questions:

First

In this mission GCV Warmage sit on my tail... after this mission its NOT LEAVE me... why? I don't need em anymore!

Second

Why fleet C&C not working in all mission - when it MUST present? It's working only once - at first mission with fleet C&C (Zerin capturing) Why? Karl Reins sitting on my Board (in BAR with girls - as I pressumed!) And don't leave the the ship as it happend in 'Zerin' mission... When I've got the error?

Third

how to switch OFF adding targets to Priority-list without loosing that targets, which always stored there? And how to clear it from brigewiev (not only from TACOPS)?

That's all.. Thanks forehand!

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Aleksey Kichigin ]

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Aleksey Kichigin ]

quote:

Second

Why fleet C&C not working in all mission - when it MUST present? It's working only once - at first mission with fleet C&C (Zerin capturing) Why? Karl Reins sitting on my Board (in BAR with girls - as I pressumed!)

And don't leave the the ship as it happend in 'Zerin' mission... When I've got the error?

What exact title has Karl (in Perscan) in the ACM part where you expect him to give you FC&C and he doesn't? I'm betting on "SC Karl Reines". I made a post in the GBS section quite some time ago that explaines why. Named "SC Karl Reines alter ego" or something. My fix was adding the character "Karl Reines" to a savegame by playmod, or earning EPs at lightspeed. You choose the most practical of the two.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

1. It won't harm you to have GCV Warmage on your tail later on the game, they'll have some action too, believe me

3. There's no way to switch off the automatic target adding to priority list and you cannot delete you priority items from the bridgeview, sorry

Guest Shingen

I was wondering if one could edit the TOD in the GBS and de-cloak the little sucker! Then re-parse the darn thing and git the ENM that way!

I've been chasing that friggin' stormcarrier around forever!

Of course you can! If you've got what it takes, that is!

First you must dl GBS, then know how to use it (take a look at GBS forum), GBS module includes all ACM missions.

But be warned, it's not a easy task , I'm still in my homework part after... well better no to tell

I'll leave that stuff to experts, if I screw with any programming, I either A:screw up the game to a point where it is unplayable, or B: hose windows to a point where I might as well delete the drive and start over!! Windows is good enough at that all by itself, without any help from me, thank you very much!!!

GBS is very dangerous in the wrong hands, so be very, very careful!!! those hands of course would be mine!! lol

Good Luck!!! lol

Guest Shingen

quote:

GBS is very dangerous in the wrong hands, so be very, very careful!!! those hands of course would be mine!! lol

hmmmm, I've done SEVERAL of my own GBS scripts, (still working on a 7 TOD Invasion of Earth script) and I've found the GBS command paramaters to be quite logical and easy to use.

I'll admit that it'll screw the game up somewhat if you write them wrong, but I've never had any of my scripts screw the game up so bad it was unplayable.

Either the game just won't load, (in which you ERASE the script then and start all over again ) or that particular event won't happen or will happen wrong.

I've never hacked the CORE scripts, and I didn't know if GBS would effect them or not, since they are in the KERNAL itself. (umm, I think that's right)

I might get bored enough one night and try it out...