BC3K v2.09 Released

I have released it. I updated most of the original 10 ACM missions and added 6 more, spread across 2 TODs. They're a lot of fun. If you don't make Supreme Commander by TOD4 M1/1, you don't deserve that ship.

I also made sure that all artifacts were available in ACM. This way, there is no need to use cheats with ACM. I have some checks for this, so, if you use cheats, don't be surprised at the results.

I didn't release the source for the 6 new ACMs because they contain the 9 others. I didn't have time to actually remove them (though they are not compiled) so by not releasing them, I don't get myself into a diluge of silly questions. When I get around to releasing the other 9 via Mission Control, I may release them then.

Speaking of which, Mission Control contains

the v2.09 compatible version of the mpak1.

Check the Version Control file for ACM notes.

Check GNN as well.

Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 01-02-2000).]

This is the best Millennium/Christmas pressie I got!

Thanks SC.

BTW the Read this File link for Cheat Mod 5 on the downloads page points to the old GBS Mod 1 text file for the increased repair times, not the Fleet C&C readme.

Must be the lack of sleep!!!

Cmdr Andy DiFontaine

I have recalled the patch because I left some diagnostics code in one of the modules. Because I disabled debugging, this code will result in some slow-down during general processing.

I had backed up v2.0x dev environment but will restore it tonite and rebuild the patch. Because the final v2.09 also creates a backup of v2.08, you should be able to just revert back to v2.08 when I release the refresh and patch to the newer v2.09.

Saved games are un-affected by this.

quote:

you should be able to just revert back to v2.08 when I release the refresh and patch to the newer v2.09.

Ok I just want to be sure, we can unpatch as normal from the currently applied 2.09 Final

by renaming, unpatch.bak to .bat and then we can apply the new patch you'll upload later.

Just want to make sure because I don't have much experiencing at patching, unpatching, and I'm paranoid that I'll do something to mess up how good I have bc3k set. Like if I get a random crash, I'll be thinking, it's because of all the unpatching and patching I'm doing.

append: oh I noticed the big slowdown, I had emailed someone else to make sure it was not my computer.

[This message has been edited by Cruis.In (edited 01-03-2000).]

Robbie. v2.09 has nothing to do with the Map Pak. If you had it in 2.08, it will be there 2.09.

Cruis.In. Yes. Unpatching to 2.08 and reapplying v2.09 will have no effect on existing games as far as I'm aware because the scripts did not change.

And I don't notice a big slowdown. Its more like 3-4fps because a lot of checks are made and logged internally. It has nothing to do with the EMD issue you saw posted in another thread. Nothing whatsoever.

OK, I've posted the refresh on the downloads page. As usual, unpatch to v2.08 first.

Because of the sucker that I am, these two items were sorted out in hindsight. I have removed them from the VC file where they were listed as annoying quirks.

1. Since assigning personnel to ATVs on deployed shuttles won't work anyway, the menu item left over from that in TACTICAL, and which caused confusion, has been removed.

2. The AI now skips over any sys engineers that are not on duty, when assigning engineers 11-20 if 1-10 are off-duty. This can have adverse effects, especially if you are short staffed. You will have to manually drag them, kicking and screaming, to go back to work because the AI will no longer do it.

Hey? How come you changed the Engineer thing?

If all engineers are needed then they're needed. While the ship is falling apart around them, and you need everyone on duty, they're just going to sit in there quarters watching vids? Seems like an unneccessary micromanagement.

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"

If I patch 2.09 with the map pack, will it mess anything up? Or will it accept it?

I know it should be there anyway, and I cant figure out why its not (I click on the flashing base, but it shows no buildings, even though I can see the zones). I did patch up 2.08 with the map pack. I havent tried uninstalling yet, and starting from scratch. Thats a last resort. But will it mess up 2.09 if I use the map pack on it?

cruis.in, heh, I guess you missed that thread?

Robbie, play it safe and start from scratch because I don't know what is going on. The MapPak only builds surface areas. Hey, you could just run it. If it doesn't break anything, then you're home free. It shouldn't break anything. However, the fact that you did it before and they are not shown, signals another problem. So, play it safe and start from scratch.

I came across something about engineers and off duty, but whoever it was,... was whining in the new version discussion so I didn't read it all, I was there to read about the goings on with the patch, it looked long anyway. So this thing you changed was quirky?

Or there was a vote to change it? or you saw merit in what they were talking about?

I'd fire anyone who's not at their post in a red alert!

if I saw system engineer 1 sitting on his bum during an alert, I'd take him and drop him on Jupiter!

Hey you ever contemplated implementing a button you can push to go to different alerts? Like red alert? And making all off duty personnel automatically switch to on-station?

if you uploaded the refresh how come the date on 2.08 to 2.09 hasnt changed from 01/01/00 to 01/04/00

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"

[This message has been edited by Cruis.In (edited 01-04-2000).]

quote:

if you uploaded the refresh how come the date on 2.08 to 2.09 hasnt changed from 01/01/00 to 01/04/00

What have you been smoking? Did you refresh your browser page? Did you check the date/time stamp on the newer files you patched? sheesh.

cruis.in, the person "whining" was me. The situation is this: You have 20 system engineers. 10 of them have been up all night cleaning out Interceptor 3 cuz Lace and Rogue used it for their date the day before (those seats really recline). So you take engineers 1-10 off-duty so that they can get some sleep, and put 11-20 on-duty. You go to assign system engineers to a repair, look at your perscan and see that the system assigned the previously off-duty engineers. Kind of throws a wrench in your crew shift rotations.

This way it's simple... if they're off duty, they don't get assigned. If you need them bad enough, then put them (suprise suprise) on-duty, and then assign them.

Thanks for the change SC. I don't have to assign people to medibay so much now.

------------------

Cmdr. Tolian Reven

GCV Excelsia

Ex Turbo Modestum