Do I Have Any Hope Of Saving My Game

My computer crapped out, but not before I backed up everything in my BC3K folder onto CD. (My version of the game is from a store bought CD upgraded to ver 2.9, mappacks installed)

I had to reinstall everything to get my system running and I was hoping there was a way to transplant my saved games onto my new system. Is this possible? Can anybody point me to a thread where I might find out more information if it is possible? Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Is it really that easy? I had tried before to get saved BC3000 games to play, but I have never had success. I usually install a fresh copy of the game, I follow all the instructions on applying the patches, and then I have copied the save file, or even the entire contents of the previous BC3000AD folder which I had backed up. All to no avail. I will try it again though, in hopes your suggestion will work. I hope it does, because I had captured most of the Terran Quadrant, dammit!

Just had gotten Spectre in my sights. There's still a few of us out here with old computers flying the original Battlecruiser! It's still my favorite game, and someday, when I get my new machine, I look foreward to playing the newest versions, as they all look great. Thanks for your help, Epsilon 5.