Clueless Newbie Questions

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have this one object with 2 buttons on it..... As I recall in a picture, it is called a mouse? Funny how it dosen't have any hair or a tail on it. Isn't this a foot pedal though? I put it on the ground and press on it like the gas pedal on my car?

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

while you are holding the door open for JJ let me make it easier for him. I'll start. I've just finished reading the manual. I have just started a ROAM campaign and am working on figuring out the Drone usage. I've deployed them to various sectors on Earth to mine. I find myself wondering the following:

Is there any way to no or have indication if a spot or sector is likely to yield results?

What types of Planet/Moons yield what types of minerals?

If you get nothing in one spot in a sector is there any point trying somewhere else in the same sector?

How long should you allow before looking to see if they've mined anything?

I guess that should be enough questions for one nub.

quote:

Originally posted by Rip:

How long should you allow before looking to see if they've mined anything?

Go to the Tactical computer and somewhere there it shows the percentage of how full the drones are.

I *think* it is Tactical computer -> loadout -> shuttles -> drones (but I could be wrong because I don't have the game yet ).

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

Alright here we go...again

FIRST off this game IS AWESOME , but i have just a few newbie questions/comments......

first off in roam mode, what does a diplomat really do, he can't like make alliances and stuff right.....?

fp is awesome but do i always have to control the teams i beam down from tacops>?, i wish i could do it in fp, if you can tel me, that sall i can rem now..back to game

Finaly got it installed! According to UPS, my copy of BCM has been to Houston, TX, Westchester PA, somewhere in North Dakota, and Redmond, WA, before they called and said they made a mistake and I need to come pick it up.

While I'm neither stupid nor a newbie, I have some questions.

First, the graphic for wormholes does NOT appear. I may have screwed up the install in some way, my CD-ROM is very buggy with installing anything. I'm not sure why.

Second, when I play as a Gammulan Commander, can me and my crew at least look a LITTLE Gammulan?

They don't, in fact, in ANY non-human scenario, the commander and crew look human. I guess you don't want us to play as anything but human...

These are my only problems with the game, otherwise, it's AWESOME, surpassing even what I expected back in the beta days.

Here is a pretty dumb question...Why can I not deploy my ATV's and troops plantside via a shuttle?! I know I'm doing everything right, the shuttle just doesn't want to comply. I set the first way point as "proceed to next", then the second one I have "deploy vehicle" chosen. I have a marine in the ATV, so I don't think I'm forgetting anything. Now get this, when my AE goes in the shuttle, I have no problem doing it manually...What could I be doing wrong? (Please do not delete this post. Mind the thread title...Clueless newbie questions. I'm not even a newbie. Anyway, thanks)

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

Second, when I play as a Gammulan Commander, can me and my crew at least look a LITTLE Gammulan?

They don't, in fact, in ANY non-human scenario, the commander and crew look human. I guess you don't want us to play as anything but human...

SC might do some extra icons for other races, but for now all we have is human. You will look Gammulan in first person mode, try it.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

hrm...although not a clueless newbie, I'm clueless, as to how you would walk around on the outside of a ship or station, iirc, sc, you said you did that once, and like the CC hyperjumped with you still standing on it...well, everytime I decend onto it, it bounces me way back up above where I tried to "land"

still, thanks for the game sc

You need to be a space marine to walk on the space ship or station. They have magnetic boots that secure them onto the surface. I haven't tried sticking to a ship like that but why don't you try the space marine career and see how that works.

I believe SC said in the BCM XP modules he will be doing graphics for the different races.

I just got done playing as a gammulan - sorry guys I took out Orion Starstation...

quote:

Originally posted by schoch1:

Anyone else having difficulty deploying ATV's and troops with the shuttles in Tacops? Am I the only one who can not figure this out?

I had/have this problem sometimes too. Make sure the ground you are deploying the ATV's on (from the shuttles) is nice and flat - the shuttles have to land first to deploy the vehicle.

quote:

Anyone else having difficulty deploying ATV's and troops with the shuttles in Tacops? Am I the only one who can not figure this out?

Start with page 30 of the manual, Setting Waypoints then continue your perusal thru page 33, Waypoint Orders

TTFN

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

OK, I just deleted two newbie threads. All newbie questions (especially gameplay), go in HERE.

Post it anywhere else and it will be deleted on sight. There IS a reason this board is nice, clean and well organized. We LIKE to keep it that way.

Your co-operation is highly appreciated.

Help! the game doesn't work! I got the box, but it won't fit in my cd-rom. I asked my brother to help, and he ripped the top but there is no way I am using HaXoR3d software so I took it back and got it replaced, but it still doesn't work. I tried the scissors v3.4 patch but that took out my fingers.cfg file! HELP ME PLEASE!!!