Clueless Newbie Questions

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my turn,

When I registered I used the wrong email address.

Its a valid email address, but not the one I use for these forums.

So just curious on how I can go about getting that changed.

Umm one other thing, will there be in the future be a place in the forums for BCM stories and experience's?

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: JaxFox ]

quote:

Originally posted by JaxFox:

Ok my turn,

When I registered I used the wrong email address.

Its a valid email address, but not the one I use for these forums.

So just curious on how I can go about getting that changed.

Umm one other thing, will there be in the future be a place in the forums for BCM stories and experience's?

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: JaxFox ]

1. Send your details to [email protected]

2. Yes

Oh, and the Playmod utility is being brought up to BCM. There's gonna be a release soon.

If you haven't played BC3k with playmod, it's basically a cheat utility. You can modify a ton of stuff. If you've got BC3k, check it in the GBS/cheats folder. You can give yourself instant Fleet C&C from there. You can even create guests and prisoners! Heh, I'm bringing my friends and family on board!

Ok, SC I am really having a hell of a time trying to place units via the shuttle. I can not land atv's using the "deploy vehicle" command for the waypoints. I can do it manually, like if my AE goes in the shuttle I can use the deploy vehicle command, but this gets time consuming when trying to deploy more than one ATV. I can teleport troops no problem, but like I said, I can't use the shuttle's deploy ability. Can you plese give me some tips as to what I may be doing wrong? Man, I think I'm doing everything correctly. I have crew inside the ATV, I assign waypoints for the ATV. I would think everything should work fine. I give the shuttle the order to deploy vehicle as one of it's way points, but the shuttle just does not want to deploy. I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, one other question...Can you assign waypoints for marines. Like assign them to teams? I know you could in 3000AD, but I'm having difficulties doing it now (It's a different game, I know). I know your busy, thanks for your help.

Oh, and I swear, I've read the manual like 3 times.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: schoch1 ]

quote:

Originally posted by schoch1:

Ok, SC I am really having a hell of a time trying to place units via the shuttle. I can not land atv's using the "deploy vehicle" command for the waypoints. I can teleport troops no problem, but like I said, I can't use the shuttle's deploy ability. Can you plese give me some tips as to what I may be doing wrong? Man, I think I'm doing everything correctly. I have crew inside the ATV, I assign waypoints for the ATV. I would think everything should work fine. I give the shuttle the order to deploy vehicle as one of it's way points, but the shuttle just does not want to deploy. I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, one other question...Can you assign waypoints for marines. Like assign them to teams? I know you could in 3000AD, but I'm having difficulties doing it now (It's a different game, I know). I know your busy, thanks for your help.

Oh, and I swear, I've read the manual like 3 times.

hmmm

1. Vehicle deployment is exactly as stated in the Tacops section of the manual. The only thing I can add is that you should pick a flat spot to land on. Peter's going to be modifying the flight dynamics so that crafts that want to land, so that I can use that in VTOL. This will make drop/collect ops a lot easier I think. Until then, if you can't do it using waypoints, then do it the old fashion way. Put your AE in the shuttle, launch and land manually. Then use the shuttle cockpit commands to deploy the vehicle and assign personnel to teams to deploy them as well.

2. No. You can't set waypoints to marines. Look for that feature in a future patch. It didn't carry over from BC3K because its a lot more complex and AI more advanced in BCM. So it needs special handling.

I figured this might be a safe place to post this question. Is there a good place to get the stats of all the ships, missiles etc, in the game and print it out. The appendix that can be viewed on the cd is great, but it would be nice to have it handy while playing the game. So, is there a website that has a nice printable version of the appendix or will there be a printed version available to buy? With all the ships and missiles and stuff its just impossible to remember what is what.

Question on that weapons appendix. If marines need combat packs witch I can purchase from miscelaneous items in the station inventory, what are all the first person weapons and ammo for?

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Question on that weapons appendix. If marines need combat packs witch I can purchase from miscelaneous items in the station inventory, what are all the first person weapons and ammo for?

Combat Kits don't contain weapons and ammo. Surely you know that?

quote:

Originally posted by JJ:

guys i still think there is a way to start the game in debug mode or somethin so that u have fleet c&c , i'm waiting for sc's answer on this one, i am almost positive!

You're waiting for an answer to what? If you're talking about using the /d1 flag (enabled in the patch), heh, be my guest. Its your system. Its your hair. Its your performance. Just know that if I see one post from you (or anyone) which indicates the use of this unsupported feature (via the commandline), the post will be deleted, your profile deleted and you banned from posting on the forum.

I think thats clear enough. So, by all means, go use it.

Ok maybe Im an idiot but when I go to print out the carriers for example the only thing that is going to print is the picture of the carrier and the first few stats. The picture is too wide, so most of the stats won't fit and won't print. Also I was hoping that it was possible to buy a printed Appendix. I think it is a vital thing to have. (Btw I was hoping another player could help, the last thing I wanted was to get Mr. Smart involved in this little dumb thing.)

What I mean is when I pring the cruiser page I get the Asset Class, Asset Type, craft speed, qty of turrets, qty of main guns, and then the rest of the stats are off the page. The page is too wide to print. How did you manage to print the Cruiser appendix with all the stats for each cruiser on the same page? I'm sure this is one of those times when I'm missing something extremely obvious.

how do you know when the station releases an sos, does yuor comm officer tell you, do you get on the target sceen?, cause i tried capturing new america but i accidentally blew it up

Conduct a forum search, keyword(s) = Station Capture. There have been a plethora of posts and threads covering you query JJ

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]