What to do while waiting for a mining drone to fill up....

I was having a chat with Joe Foster over at PC Arena (he's doing a BCM review) and he asked me why I decided to design BCM to run in real-time. He also asked why there is no time acceleration and what he should do while waiting for the mining drones he deployed, to fill up.

Well, I decided to offer good ol' Joe, some expert advice. If you can think of any, please pitch in.

DO NOT try this at home kids. This is for the purpose of HUMOR only.

1. pay your bills.
  2. go out and get stamps for the bills you've just paid and are about to mail.
  3. file your nails.
  4. take out the trash.
  5. do the dishes.
  6. do the laundry.
  7. feed the fish.
  8. feed the fish to the cat.
  9. feed the cat to the dog.
  10. take the dog for a walk.
  11. take out the empty pizza box to the trash.
  12. wash the car (if you don't own one, wash your neighbor's).
  13. find that lost CD case you've been meaning to look for.
  14. paint a small section of wall, and watch the paint dry.
  15. mend the leak in the roof.
  16. empty the drip pan (next to the computer) filled by the leaky roof.
  17. go to the store and buy alchohol. Half way back to the house, go back to the store and return the alchol. Get the Dew now
    that is just occured to you that you don't drink.
  18. go to the umemployment office and demand that they find you a job. Don't tell them you're a game developer. As a plumber you'll get a job quicker.
  19. call up your 95 lb girlfriend and tell her she's fat.
  20. call up your girlfriend and tell her you're not gay after all and that you just like the way her dresses fit you.
  21. call up your mother-in-law and tell her you'd like to borrow some money for a sex change operation.
  22. tell your landlord you can't pay the rent and that you're short (from buying BCM). Again.
  23. Bring your neighbor's dog inside. Then call up your neighbor and tell him you've given his dog (who poops in your yard) to the Humane society.
  24. if you own a car, lock the keys inside. Then try to find a locksmith. You don't own a copy of the phone book.
  25. lock yourself out of the house. Then try to climb back into the house through a window.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

26. Try to fall asleep, then once asleep, try to fall awake.

27. count to four (ie: 4)

28. sing your favourite song backwards (!time more one baby me hit...etc)

29. Pretend you're in jail and your cellmates name is bubba

30. Check out my wing logo's here

31. Join the ISS

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: buckthesystem ]

Well first you should enjoy the peacefull time (there arent that many).

The way i see it, those of us who palyed game long enough dont have time when there is nothing to do, there is always need to upgrade, make some money or look for trouble.

those of us who are new, may take that time to open a manual and read it for when thing start happening (usualy bad things)so u know why bad things are happening and how to make them go away when they come looking for you.

its not so much for Humor but more practical solution. Personly i love watching my marines in perscan while they serch, they get in all kinds of strange places.

32. Shove Resnig out the airlock.

33. Fly around and run him over with the CC.

---

Hm.. What to do after deploying the drones...... Let's see... Without the Debris Fields, I've been making my money by tractoring enemy ships to local friendly stations..... Heh, 75000 GalCreds for towing a Gam or Insurgent... And then you get 2000 EP, so it isn't too shabby.

It's just the fact that they're shooting at you up until the point that you tractor them that makes it a bit tough. And then you've got to remember that activating your tractor lowers shields......

Guest [PCA]Pheonix

ROFLMAO

Hi, I'm Joe!! Thanks SC

Humm, I kinda meant in the game. However, I figured out a way of doing it, I left my machine on overnight, with it mining, and hey presto 100% on all of em this morning!

Anyway, Get em all back and lotsa money, so spent most of it (on artifacts) And then realised that most of my crew was too thick to use em

So, how longs it gonna take to train em...six yrs, in real time?

I did do what Cmdr Nova suggested...I went to jupiter and knocked the B*lls out of some nasty people, and them towed em in. Great fun although I got one interceptor blown up..ooops oh well! Lots of EPs anyway (Well not really lots, but more than I had 1050)

Cheers

What I do is deploy one drone, then when going to another planet to deploy another drone, I get into all kinds of troubles, then I deploy the second drone and head for the third planet (troubles on the way again). By the time I am done with the fourth drone it's time to pick up the first one. And getting back to that first one took me some time. You can read about it in the FUN STORIES section of this forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I cant do all those things. My CC will be blown to bits if I leave my crew of kindergardeners unnatended.

My solitaire skills are improving though, one day im gonna beat myself in it! woot!

Beam yourself and Resing down to a planet and learn him a thing or two the hard way.

Repair your ship.

Land your ship somewhere safe, and do some trading and or scouting runs in a shuttle.

Launch yourself in a fighter, and get ride off all the marines who are bogging down your perpformance.

Beam some marines down to a a city, and see which one picks up a "sociable" infection first and give him a promotion to head blockhead. Ask the guy who came back radiated what, exactly, he was doing down there anyway. Send them to medibay for a lecture and a delousing.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: AshSpear ]

quote:

Originally posted by buckthesystem:

26. Try to fall asleep, then once asleep, try to fall awake.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: buckthesystem ]

ROFLMAO especially since I have managed to do this

Deployed drones on Earth flew to Jupiter decided to fly to the rings from Jupiter set A/P and let the ship fly towards next thing I know the ship has passed the rings and I'm lying on the floor in a heap(leave me alone it was late)

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

Write a four hour long post

Fractux, your sig is "illegal". Only Tacops-approved images are to be displayed inside your sig. Gammulans using the Gammulan logo, which animates into their face, was the only exception.

Also creating new groups is illegal. If you're in GalCom, you must be in one of the 4 official fleets. Otherwise, you should be designated as an indie (as in change your ship to UCV-PARAPET), and create whatever squadron you'd like there.

If that Iron Ravens thing has nothing to do with BC, then take it out, please.

For more information, send me a PM.

-----

That didn't take four hours, did it?

Welcoem aboard.

Nova, over and out.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Fractux, your sig is "illegal".

Also creating new groups is illegal. If you're in GalCom, you must be in one of the 4 official fleets. Otherwise, you should be designated as an indie (as in change your ship to UCV-PARAPET), and create whatever squadron you'd like there.

Oh well... so much for my funneling funds from GalCom to fund my little gambling and illegal trade ring.. heh

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Fractux ]