What am I missing?

Meldan

First I want to mention that this game looks like it has tons of potential, I'm just having problems getting there. My fault, not the game's.

I deployed a mining drone on Triton last night. Had the shuttle wait nearby with the intentions of picking up the drone when it was full.

I targeted the drone in CVD, and checked the cargo, it said 0/0. I went to bed and let it do it's thing. Next morning, it still says 0/0. Time definitely passed, game was not paused. Am I missing something? Am I not checking the cargo correctly on the drone? One of the how-tos at the end of the tutorial on the CD just says "check the tactical computer" for the cargo. Tactical just says that the drone is deployed.

(BTW- the answer to that how do I deploy mining drones is screwed up in the tutorial. Looks like some lines are missing)

I thought I would pick up the drone and do something else. Go to tac-ops, select the shuttle to set waypoints for, and the add/delete/etc buttons for the waypoints are all red and can't be selected. I can issue an order directly to the shuttle but not set waypoints (I did create waypoints to deploy the shuttle). I can't create any waypoints for any shuttle or fighter, they are all red. How do I enable them again?

Another question. I think I'm sitting on the surface of Triton. How can I find out where I am on the planet? There is no indicator in Tac-ops that I can find. Only clue I have is the radar on the bridge monitors. If I want a shuttle to wait near a drone, I think I need to locate the drone in tac-ops so I can set a waypoint.

I think the game has lots of potential and I'm just having learning curve beat your head against the wall issues.

Thanks

1. If there's nothing to mine...well then pick another planet or moon
  2. What page of the manual? IIRC, I didn't add any such section in the manual. Are you talking about the HTML tutorial? If so, I just checked it and it looks fine. Whats missing?
  3. You can find out where you are on the planet by (1) using the NID/MAP mode (2) Using the NID/NIR mode (3) Using Tacops/ZoomTo and selecting your craft from it.

Hope this helps. Yes, the game is massively and intimidating, but it takes practice. Just remember, the manual is your friend.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 3 weeks later...

I would sugest mining the moon.

It has less enemies and lots of resorces.

HINT. Deploy your drones, call back your shuttles, go and find this to destroy in another place, afeter that, go and repair, return to the moon, collect your drones, sell the goods, buy new equipment, deploy your drones again, install the new equipment, go back to the space station, let them install the equipment, go back to pick up your drones, and start all over again, util you think you have enough.