First post anxiety

Well, whaddyaknow, the search function is useful . Was going to ask if any other Australians were getting BCM, and how, but it seems that at this stage someone from North America needs to obtain the game from EB then ship it down here. Bit of a bummer.....but it aint an insurmountable obstacle.

BCM (and future expansions) intruiges me like no other game has. Ever since playing Elite on the C64, I've been waiting for the game....no - experience, which promises to be BCM. [ass kissing]I've been loosely following the BC saga for a couple of years (since the Take2 kerfuffle) and I really do admire the "my own way" path the SC has taken.[/ass kissing]

One thing, which is sure to see me lambasted, taunted, and possibly banned I just have to share is my ludicrous misperception of what the SC looked like. If anyone remembers the BBC Gerry Anderson series "UFO", think of Commander Straker. Whenever I read an article on BC or when Derek Smart's name was mentioned, Commander Straker popped into my mind. Shock white hair, funky 70's "future" suits and all....that was the SC in my mind. Until I saw his pic behind his board profile that is - looks like he should be spinning discs in Ibiza or something . How I got this initial impression, I know not. Probably something to do with mushrooms though......

....in any case, I'm looking forward to putting BCM through it's paces. Joy....another reason for me to park myself in front of my PC for far too long

ps: pardon the inane first post, but I dont know enough about the game to comment on it at this stage. But that'll change in time

I don't know why this person you mention it getting it via EB and then into Australia, but there is a normal way to get it for international orders. BMT Micro takes the international orders. On this page, the 2nd small picture has a link to the secure off-site order form. It asks for a credit card but check or money order is also possible. I'd say the latter way (bmt) is faster than EB plus standard mail.

Damn... And I was hoping all i'd have to do is go to the nearby EB store and buy the game, now I hear I have to order the thing!?!? Alright, now I must kill someone...

Perhaps my brother, I can donate his body to the government. Instead of using coal to power everything we could just burn him and it will still power the country for the next umpteen million years...

quote:

Originally posted by Jerold Keenan:

Damn... And I was hoping all i'd have to do is go to the nearby EB store and buy the game, now I hear I have to order the thing!?!? Alright, now I must kill someone...

Perhaps my brother, I can donate his body to the government. Instead of using coal to power everything we could just burn him and it will still power the country for the next umpteen million years...

Yeah, in the twelve months that this has been going on, you're probably the only homicidal BC nutcase in Australia who doesn't know that the game will only be in EB stores in the US and that to get outside the US, you have to order from BMT Micro.