Real trouble in getting those Cargo Pods!!

JAY

Thankyou..... I new I hadnt missed somthing in the mystical Manual of life on BCM land.. Makes the Tractor Beam rather useless dont it if it cant even get Cargo pods....

BUT I could be wrong, we could be missing somthing here.... anybody know how to grab a CP with TB ?

Apply ASAP, or send a post card.

quote:

Originally posted by ooJAYoo:

Thankyou..... I new I hadnt missed somthing in the mystical Manual of life on BCM land.. Makes the Tractor Beam rather useless dont it if it cant even get Cargo pods....

BUT I could be wrong, we could be missing somthing here.... anybody know how to grab a CP with TB ?

Apply ASAP, or send a post card.

Shuttles were made to grab cargo, why waste the Radine to jump from pod to pod when you just issue a cargo sweep order to a shuttle and let your crew actually work! CC tractor beams are very useful for retrieving disabled support craft and given the up coming shuttle tweaks may be the only practical means of towing disabled CC's.

The TB on the CC is not useless, just uneffective at recovering Cargo Pods. The CC's TB comes in quite handy when you need to recover damaged FC's and/or tow disabled and subsequently captured opposition ships to a base. It's definitely the most efficient way to recover FC's who's pilots have become 'disabled' (um, killed) and therefor unresponsive to your orders...

I've found that both the 'Cargo Sweep' order and targeting Cargo Pods explicitly for your SC's works very well. I also think that the upcoming changes to the towing physics will be very complementary with the notion of using SC's, rather than your CC, to gather jettisoned cargo.

It just keeps getting better and better...