Cargo and Power

Gustavo

Thank you guys, you have been helping me very much with my questions. But I still have two more. Here we go...

1 - I am using but I don't understand What is the pouporse of the power level switch (LOGISTIX/Power). Ok, I can use it to turn (lets say..) the shield system on and off, but, IF the switch is in the middle, What is really going on? Is it recharging in a slow rate or what? I don't know how it works. And I don't understand why the Solar Reactor (the first switch)DRAINS power from the amount of energy of the ship. Isn't it a source of power? How cay it drain energy so?

2 - I'm about to drop my marines in a planet. I went to a station and I bougth a LOT of weapons, armors and ammo. Now, I don't know how to make my marines use them. How can I say to them that I want them using a BMP9, not a ZS10? How can I choose the type of armor they are going to wear? I bought a CAV and a APC2 too but I don't know how to drop them. What about my rocket lauchers? Did I spend money for nothing? Is it true that the FP weapons I can buy is just for my AE? I have a LOT of weapons and I can't use them, so.......

Thanks again guys, I have searching aswear for this questions in the manual, but, I haven't found it

quote:

Originally posted by Gustavo:

Thank you guys, you have been helping me very much with my questions. But I still have two more. Here we go...

1 - I am using but I don't understand What is the pouporse of the power level switch (LOGISTIX/Power). Ok, I can use it to turn (lets say..) the shield system on and off, but, IF the switch is in the middle, What is really going on? Is it recharging in a slow rate or what? I don't know how it works. And I don't understand why the Solar Reactor (the first switch)DRAINS power from the amount of energy of the ship. Isn't it a source of power? How cay it drain energy so?

Some systems only work under full power (launch bay) other systems work at a higher rate depending on the power feed. As to the Solar Reactor, the collection process requires a small amount of power...obviously

quote:

2 - I'm about to drop my marines in a planet. I went to a station and I bougth a LOT of weapons, armors and ammo. Now, I don't know how to make my marines use them. How can I say to them that I want them using a BMP9, not a ZS10? How can I choose the type of armor they are going to wear? I bought a CAV and a APC2 too but I don't know how to drop them. What about my rocket lauchers? Did I spend money for nothing? Is it true that the FP weapons I can buy is just for my AE? I have a LOT of weapons and I can't use them, so.......

You can't do it. Only first person careers have the ability to use different weapons and your marines are stuck with what they have. There is another thread (search for sniper) that deals with this subject.

Thread moved. Keep n00b questions in this arena.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Ok, but Can I load a SC with my HAG, PAS2, CAV, APC1, ZX10, XP10 and etc...to be used by me and my marines on ground or even this weapons are there just for trade (comander career)?

And about the power switch, if I select a shield switch to the middle postition, what is going on? Are the shields recharging in a slow rate? If not,I'm going to select all switches to the minimum position to save power. That's it.

quote:

Ok, but Can I load a SC with my HAG, PAS2, CAV, APC1, ZX10, XP10 and etc...to be used by me and my marines on ground or even this weapons are there just for trade (comander career)?

Nope, your assets are frozen as far as what you may use. Don't know whether that's slated to change in XP or BCO but that's the way it is in BCM.

quote:

And about the power switch, if I select a shield switch to the middle postition, what is going on? Are the shields recharging in a slow rate? If not,I'm going to select all switches to the minimum position to save power. That's it.

Correct (AFAIK) just remember that doing something like that will get you killed if you forget to change your power allocation during a battle.

quote:

Originally posted by Count_Sessine:

Tyrn,

I have been wondering about the power stuff Gustavo asked about too. I just don't see a performance difference between 50% and 100% engine power. Where should I look?

Related question: how does reactor and engine upgrades actually affect your ship performance? Haven't noticed any.

There is a diffrence although I dont see the point to it. On Minumim power the engines accelerate slower and on max power the engines aka your speed increases faster. The reason I dont see a point to this is cause you can just use your afterburners to speedup quickly making the power allocation pointless. So in a way I dont see the reason why either.

quote:

Originally posted by Game_Ender:

I think the engine and reactor upgrades improve fuel intake. So if you upgraded your engines and reactor you will have to refuel less often.

Correct. And more. Can't be bothered to explain it all again.