Anomolies

xivix

Question: Apparently, my Flight Officer is a moron. Ever since I started BCM I have had to manually assign flight engineers. It worked the first time but this time all four fighters came back and have been in offline ever since. The manual says something else might be wrong so I checked power and even turned the power to the chargers off and on. Nothing. I assigned an extra flight engineer to each fighter for a total of two. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

Anomolie 1: I sent a fighter out and the pilot kept screaming about incoming. I and my AE jumped in a shuttle and went to his location only to see him motionless with no enemies in sight. So, I headed back to the cruiser only to find that the moon we were parked next to came with me! It stayed in my field of view (taking up a third of the screen) all the way to the cruiser but disappeared when I docked.

Anomolie 2: I assigned 4 waypoints to drop my drones and mine. Two shuttle crafts got it right, and two took off straight out into space. It took a while before I realized this and so I went after them in the cruiser just to see what was going on. I got them in sight and when I clicked on RTB I found myself landing on Earth in the cruiser (which I was not near enough to pull that off).

Xivix

The Only Weird Thing That Ever happened to me like that was when I was near earth and i hyperjumped to an enemy ship that required me to hyperjump threw earth which did work I went right threw it. I activated my weapon systems and began engaging the enemy. As soon as I went to fire my weapon I began planetfall on earth which was really weird since I was not even near it after the jump. This only happened once so I really didn't care. At least I know Im not the only one that had an anomily happen.

BTW: When you assign flight enginers to ready your fighters you should get an eta when they will be ready. Check the time they will be ready and then wait till it arrives. They should be ready for launch then. If not then there either dammaged(They can be dammaged enough not to launch you have to repair them first.)or you have a problem which I think in my oppinion you just didnt repair them.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Masterfeff761 ]

quote:

Originally posted by xivix:

So, I headed back to the cruiser only to find that the moon we were parked next to came with me! It stayed in my field of view (taking up a third of the screen) all the way to the cruiser but disappeared when I docked.

Flying a CC while under the influence of a controlled substance is highly prohibited.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Flying a CC while under the influence of a controlled substance is highly prohibited.

LOL, I don't know, for some people the game seems to be getting a lot of extra features.

quote:

Originally posted by xivix:

Question: Apparently, my Flight Officer is a moron. Ever since I started BCM I have had to manually assign flight engineers. It worked the first time but this time all four fighters came back and have been in offline ever since. The manual says something else might be wrong so I checked power and even turned the power to the chargers off and on. Nothing. I assigned an extra flight engineer to each fighter for a total of two. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

quote:

Combat Officer"

Assignment of Flight Engineers to evaluate and prep docked crafts for launch

AI:50

His AI probably wasn't hight enough, and therefore, he remains a moron.

Well, see, it's like this...the fighters had no damage. I'm just learning BCM so I had them just go out and fly around for a while. I hear that increases their AI. So they didn't fight any one and when I check their damage they're all 100%. My Flight Officer AI is only 25, so I guess I'll have to do everything myself for now. I may just have to start a new game if none of my crew members can't figure out how to ready the fighters. They did it before, I guess they forgot how or lost interest.

Oh, and I'll register and post my system info. Thanks.

Xivix