Major repair issues needed!!

Sailor

I dunno...just thought you could do things the old fashion way. Yell at your crew, cut through doors to get where you need to go...

But then that would probably require quite a bit of extra programming to create something like a damaged ship sim.

Hmmmm, Next time the Tac Computer is down try accessing Logstics directly. There have been times that I've been able to initiate repairs this way by going directly to the Logistics computer...SOMETIMES that is.

Hope I didnt just give anything away.

Another way to look at the damage aspect is that Some crew is trapped or unable to relocat due to structural damage. I believe it says something to that effect in the manual..*flip* *flip* *flip*..Yup on page 40 under assignments . Frustrating I know but it works for me

• 1 month later...

In my effort to find an answer to a strange damage problem, only one post seems to match.

quoting - Fox

" The best thing for damage control in BCM is to avoid it entirely. Dont fly into corrosive atmospheres, turn on your countermeasures if a flock of missiles are after you, and jink."

I'm curious about this "corrosive atmosphere".

My CC is parked on the moon Umbriel in the Uranus region. Only the starting amount of 5 units each, of the viotile minerals are onboard (not a large quanity), haven't used cloak, and all systems are normal including the reactor. Shield's are set to 25%, engines off. A/P on, with halt orders and there are no hostiles on the moon. After a shuttle trip my AE took, I was surprised to learn upon my return that the ship took what appeared to be massive radiation damage. Most systems hit for 20-30% damage, many personal from every area radiated. My first thought was, radiation from the planet had penetrated my low shield setting, because although I can repeat this, it doesn't happen if my shield setting is at 50% or higher. But I can find no evidence in the manual, appendix or here to support the theory. Or perhaps this is just a coincidence.

Save the day, help a noober and his low AI crew.

[ 03-01-2002, 15:40: Message edited by: Praylak ]

There several combinations of minerals which, when they exist in certain quantities on your ship, can either (a) cause an explosion within the ship - blowing up the cargo bay (B) spreading radiation.

Check the AI of your RE (in the appendix) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

quote:

* Instructions for printing the BCM Appendix

* Install new cartridge, set a second one aside just in case.

* Load 310 sheets of paper into printer.

* Select the Appendix, take a deep breath, exhale, and press print.

* Return periodically during the next 72 hours to monitor progress.

LOL!

quote:

There several combinations of minerals which, when they exist in certain quantities on your ship, can either (a) cause an explosion within the ship - blowing up the cargo bay (
B)
spreading radiation.

Isn't there anything to contain the materials safely? I mean... cardboard boxes don't isolate much from radiation leaks and spillings...

[ 03-02-2002, 03:02: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Very interesting. I knew that Kryptonium, stronium, and uranium were volatile, but it seems to suggest there are other minerals to be weary of. Rest assured, Jo is getting no rest on my ship until she gets her AI up. She can forget about piss breaks too.

It's a tricky thing, because these minerals, not only repair minerals, but they deliver a nice price for trade. It's obvious why. In any case, I'll be watching this very closely! Thanks.