Introducing Cmdr.....

.....Frank Black of the Violon Class GCV Sulaco.

Gentlemen.....Frank.

Frank.....uhhhh....the other guys

Once he figures out how to get his rig out of reverse, I'm sure you'll all get along juuust fine

(btw....am I or am I not mad for hearing notes of the "Millenium" theme in when first accessing the BCM main screen?)

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Guardian452:

.....Frank Black of the Violon Class GCV
Sulaco

Gentlemen.....Frank.

Frank.....uhhhh....the other guys

Once he figures out how to get his rig out of reverse, I'm sure you'll all get along juuust fine

(btw....am I or am I not mad for hearing notes of the "Millenium" theme in when first accessing the BCM main screen?)

Welcome to the real world Cmdr. Black. As you're looking to join GALCOM (GCV and all) take a look at Wraith fleet (link below).

[RP]

Lieutenant JJ,

Take care in the manner and tone with which you address the CO and XO of Wraith Fleet.Don't you guys have "protocol" classes over at Orion? ( you know about those guys and their "ranks and positions" lol),If not, we have plenty of things at Wraith HQ that need cleaning...lol

[/rp]

And welcome to you,Commander Black. As Wing Leader Marcel pointed out above, give us a visit over at Wraith HQ, we are always looking for good commanders.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

Im here now.

JJ, if you want to help in recruitment of your fleet, that's great. Next time though, put that kind of efforts in RP tags, otherwise that response borders on hostility and flamefest.

On a lighter side, Welcome to the game Cmdr. Black!

Take a look around the forums, visit the fleet FAQ, the fleet websites and lurk around for a bit, talk to people . Each fleet has its own niche in the game, so do your homework before you decide which you enlist with.

Above all, WORSHIP THE GAME

....JJ, you know better. But I'll let this one go by. (Oh, and put your link in your sig as described here. You've got an entire thread dedicated to you, man; use it.)

quote:

I thought that Fleet Commander Savage ran a tighter ship than that.

Now you should know better as well. Remember how Blades nearly resigned? He said that he just didn't want the stress of looking out for every single person's attitude and such..... Stuff like this........

Alright.... So, freshmeat.

Hm.... Okay.... We've sorta gotten off on the wrong foot, but here it goes....

We at Orion Fleet are looking for new recruits. We're the HEAVY STRIKE FLEET in GalCom. Our ranks are the best assembled ones in GalCom. We've been through tough times (the recent ones were all just this month), but we've stood the test of time. We look for the best and the brightest. We look for the cream of the crop. Even if you aren't as l33t (hehe) as you think you should be, our Academy will show you the way.

We're active and show lots of initiative. You won't be alone. (Especially in multiplayer.) Some of the perks include:

-Free Training (ingame if/when GBS-II is released and we can script some Orion-specific training missions; other than that, you're going to be taught the old-fashioned way on the forums)

-Trust (most of our crew trusts each other, so we've been lienent (sp?) towards punishment; at least to my knowledge)

-Free POP3 orionfleet.com e-mail address!

-More!

Come on. Other fleets may try to wow you in by using their logos. We cut the crap right here. Join us, be the best, beat the rest.

And I'm sure you'll fit in in Orion. From what I see, you're just the type. (We're as mad as you, Frank.)

Okay, you'll be a cadet for around a month or two, depending on your behavior on the forums. But if you can keep your cool (and I'm guessing you can), you're all set. You should (I think) graduate before BCM's Multiplayer comes out. Which means being first on the front-lines alongside the best.

Think about it. E-Mail [email protected] for recruitment, and head to the Orion Forums and post there, if you're interested. After you're initially enlisted, then you'll probably be ordered to come to me for some new recruit orientation procedures. (A new procedure at that--caught me by surprise when Blades sent someone to me for the first time and I had no clue I was going to be the one to do that....)

Hope to talk to you later.

Nova, over and out.

(And JJ, congrats on post 200+! )

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

[rp]

Or you could join ISS, we are the Coast Guard of the Battlecruiser universe. We hire civilians to do most of our work, so we can sleep in till noon. We of course party till near dawn on the most exotic planets in the galaxy. So if you could just sign here...and initial here and here. I'll call the shuttle to pick you up!

[/rp]

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

It is kinda hilarious though Nova.. them both are newbloods...on a newblood's intro thread. We should tie them naked and shove em outta the airlock for a little while *grin*

Hehe.... Man, it's been a while since someone's been shoved out the airlock. Yep; since I became Newbie Welcome Wagon, the openness to newbs has really improved...... Boy, oh boy, do I remember my time out the back-door.

Even though times have supposedly changed, let's do it once for old time's sake!

500 Galcreds says neither of them can stay concious (sp?) for more than 1 minute.

I am sooooo wounded. Here I am takin' flak for defendin' my Fleet commander's commanderness and the only pot you gentleman can come up with is 500 credits and a case of Vagrants?.....ok..I'll see your vagants and 500 credits and raise you a case of Falkerian whisky and a autographed picture of Paul Resnig in mint condition except for the dart holes in his face.

However,I feel it is my duty to warn you that I project IOD bolts from my eyes and ride Vagrants for fun,and....

BOOM

SLAP

POW

....HEEEYYYY PUTT ME DOWNNNNNNNN...... NO ....NO .... DON'T OPEN THAT DOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

quote:

Originally posted by JJ:

HELL NO YOU DON"T TAC!

Mr. Black...you want some real action...want a real fight...want to join the best damned fleet around...CHECK OUT ORION!

[rp]Hah! I see those Marine grunts are still insubordinate, even in the future! Some things just never change [/rp]

Thanks for the welcome all. Will continue checking through the Fleet info you have helpfully provided, and once I figure out what cap will fit best, I'll let you know!

quote:

Originally posted by Stormshadow:

I am sooooo wounded. Here I am takin' flak for defendin' my Fleet commander's commanderness and the only pot you gentleman can come up with is 500 credits and a case of Vagrants?.....ok..I'll see your vagants and 500 credits and raise you a case of Falkerian whisky and a autographed picture of Paul Resnig in mint condition except for the dart holes in his face.

However,I feel it is my duty to warn you that I project IOD bolts from my eyes and ride Vagrants for fun,and....

BOOM

SLAP

POW

....HEEEYYYY PUTT ME DOWNNNNNNNN...... NO ....NO .... DON'T OPEN THAT DOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

LMAO!! I can just see that happening in mp.