newbie question - marines on ground

Gustavo

quote:

Originally posted by Bringram:

...SmileyMan's instructions for base destruction...

So, how much am I going to regret this then?

The instructions I posted earlier were not a "complete handholding walkthrough", and weren't meant to be. For instance, I didn't include that you should prep your EF marines for combat before you deploy them. Or that you should load your fighters with atmospheric-capable missiles. These things aren't 100% obvious, but I learned them the hard way, and as a result I don't forget to do them.

Also, "into the middle of the base" does not mean "into the mathematical centre of the base permimeter and do not move". If your troops don't engage, move them.

Regards,

Smiley

PS - SC, dunno if my comments in the other forum on group selecting units affected your feature list for XP1, but thanks all the same - it's already on my buy list!

quote:

Originally posted by SmileyMan:

PS - SC, dunno if my comments in the other forum on group selecting units affected your feature list for XP1, but thanks all the same - it's already on my buy list!

Not particularly. And it won't work the way you describe because the current interface is designed differently. What I had in mind is similar to the current Support Units Locator.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Ok, I have tried to transport my AE near the EAD but it didn't work very well. Every time I beam up myself (!!!!) back to the ship, I go back to bridge automatically, so I have to relocate myself to the transporter again everytime. Not a big deal, really.

I still have problems trying to deploy my veichles. Here are the plot:

First I went to training area, so I could figure out what would happen during my deploing operations on normal game. So I set all WP for FCs, SCs and OCs. My FCs and SCs worked very well, but I noticed that my OCs weren't released. I thought: "maybe my SC's are trying to reach the release veichels WP, but it is impossible due to the EAD. They are making their way out to the missels and rockets". Thinking that way, I decided go to a frendely isolated area where my SC could normally land and release my veichles.

It didn't work. My SC landed, took off and RTB with the ATV inside it. What I'm doind wrong?

- I checked: the ATV is INSIDE the SC (Tactical)

- I set a "proceed to next" WP before the "release veichles" WP.

- There are people on bord, I sent one medic and two marines to the ATV. On Tacops, it is bright green.

thanks for helping