Is it normal to start the game and have both of your shuttles stolen in 5mins?

Guest Boobits

Guest Boobits

It seems about 80% of the time I start a new game..within 5mins I have "intruders detected"...and low and behold my shuttles are stolen.

Now I'm wondering..WHERE are these rats coming from? Someone forget to lock the door when commissioning my ship? My God...I scan for ships...nada..nothing around close enough to beam men onto my ship. So it leaves me wondering..can enemy forces beam men from within a stealthed craft?

Lol I shudder to think what gets stolen from you in real life with that kind of luck. Just turn off launch control when there's an intruder onboard. Shuttles don't come cheap you know....

Things just don't seem normal for me unless I have an intruder or 2 aboard my ship while most of my marines are bleeding profusely. Take tonight for instance: Just when I killed the pair of intruders who had wreaked havoc on my weapons pods, a ship jumps in the system and 'poof', I have 5 more intruders to deal with. My 10 marines had their hands full, but I have to hand it to them they eventually sorted it out (with a little help from me of course ).

Guest Boobits

Is there any reliable way of keeping these buggers off my ship? Is acually becoming quite frustrating as I too seem to have people beaming aboard a lot. Not only do they steal my shuttles but they also smack my marines around.

One more question. Is it only military craft that board or do civilian (cargo, diplomatic etc) also beam men aboard. Also throughout this I've been playing a raider.

They can't enter transporter coordinates of something they cannot see.

And 'power off to launch control' doesn't work for the smartest intruders. That's not a tip, that's a caveat to remember. It's not a fail-safe solution to stealing.

I think all castes get intruders onboard at one time or another. There's no reason why intruders would prefer aggresive castes over civilians. Quite the contrary, I would think. Path of least resistance.