Confused about careers

Will somebody please kindly tell me the purpose of the Science and Explorer careers, and how to get exp with them if its different from the standard military careers.

Oh, and don't flame me.

I just had a thought about them, are they intended for the multiplayer component that will be coming out?

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Adm. WeeGee ]

The next game in the series, BCO, will be a MMOG. It will be based on the BCM engine, but heavily updated and modified to fit the multiplayer world. TheBCO FAQ may have some info for you too look at if interested in a non-military caste. (i.e. skill system, reputation system)

You can trade as a Scientist/Explorer, and if you really want EP, then tow enemy capital ships to a station. The "bounty hunter" method. It gets you cash and EP.

Nova, over and out.

quote:

Here is a similar discussion n00b

Thanks again! I guess I didn't find that post earlier since I searched for Science and Science Career. I've got one more question, it's not on this topic, but I'm too much of a lazy llama ass to just create a new post. How exactly do you find your mining drone once you leave it on the planet.

quote:

Originally posted by Adm. WeeGee:

I've got one more question, it's not on this topic, but I'm too much of a lazy llama ass to just create a new post. How exactly do you find your mining drone once you leave it on the planet.

Read this. In the future, USE the forum's search function yer lazy git.

in my scientist career, i sit around friendly space stations durring battles and take prisoners (i leave a marine in each shutle, the trransporter, etc... to trap all the many friendly intruders that like to visit me rcain.gif ) then i tow all the ships that got dissabled dirring the battle back to the station and drop off my prisoners at the same time. rcain.gif

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: insecttoid3 ]