Greetings!

coram

If any of you are old Stratics peeps you might recognise my name. I dont Mod or IRCop there anymore, (damn EA for dropping Origin!), but if your a familiar face let me know!

I have to say this game is growing more and more addictive by the day. Heh, I actually live for over an hour in game now. What a steep learning curve!

I do have a query to throw out there to do with Cargo Pod collection. If I send a shuttle or even fly one out to collect one myself I cant seem to locate the cargo.I see the shuttles pick them up with the "cargosweep" command, but the cargo is absent (I think) when the shuttle comes back. I read the manual cover to cover, and searched here for a more detailed answer, but I must simply be doing something wrong.

Sorry in advance for my extreme newbiness.

Thanks, I had not yet discovered the virtues of the manifest display before I got a booby trapped one. Lesson learned.

However, when collecting a pod that shows various contents, and none of said contents are already on my CC, I still find difficulty locating them after they have been collected (cargoswept) and the shuttle has returned to the CC.

Again, my apologies for a query that must seem lame in the extreme for some.

quote:

Originally posted by Valmorgan:

Thanks, I had not yet discovered the virtues of the manifest display before I got a booby trapped one. Lesson learned.

However, when collecting a pod that shows various contents, and none of said contents are already on my CC, I still find difficulty locating them after they have been collected (cargoswept) and the shuttle has returned to the CC.

Again, my apologies for a query that must seem lame in the extreme for some.

Unload the shuttle that collected the cargo. The items are then distributed to the proper cargo bay/weapons pod.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

Unload the shuttle that collected the cargo. The items are then distributed to the proper cargo bay/weapons pod.

OK, just crown me the Newb King and get it overwith... heres the new sitch...

I destroyed an enemy ship and saw a cargo pod floating...

I used SMD to view pod contents, and noticed several things I know I do not have onboard (i.e Leather).

I dispatched SC1 to Cargosweep said pod. SC1 reported "Cargo retrieved", and I ordered SC1 to RTB.

Upon notification SC1 has docked, I checked Logistix --> Cargo ---> CC & SC1.

No Leather or any other observed Pod Manifest in either craft.

I decide to land on a moon to get rest and find to my dismay the moon is not pleasant, take damage ,leave, and I find a friendly Earthcom Station, I dock, and am told I am in violation with Illegal contriband.

So, obviously the shuttle got the pod back to my CC, I`m just not looking in the right place.

You may be pleased to know I am in fact, not retarded.

Go to Tactical --> Loadout --> SC1 --> Cargo.

If your shuttle reported that it retrieved it, that is where it will show.

Edit: the relevant page in the Manual is 42. The last paragraph, it provides a few more details.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Melcar ]