Question On Ship Statistics

Nimbus

How much do certain stats like the number of turrets and the various main gun stats really matter?

Is there mote to it or what.

I mean the Sunflash has 12 turrets and the BCMk3 has 3. Does that mean in a fight with just PTA's the Sunflash has four times as much firepower? Another thing, while I admittedly haven't looked very hard, I don't recall seeing twelve seperate turrets when running ont he hull of my sunflash. Are they truly seperate or is the turret # more of a firepower amount for a set number of turrets?

And the main guns, are they all the same with the only differences between recharge time? And what's the difference between main gun range and COMPUTED main gun range? And on that subject, how important is the number of main guns?

I really don't understand it at all, though I want to.

quote:

Originally posted by Nimbus:

How much do certain stats like the number of turrets and the various main gun stats really matter?

Yes. Read the manual

quote:

Is there mote to it or what.

I mean the Sunflash has 12 turrets and the BCMk3 has 3. Does that mean in a fight with just PTA's the Sunflash has four times as much firepower?

Not particularly. Having 12 turrets is meaningless if not all 12 can fire on a particular target.

quote:

Another thing, while I admittedly haven't looked very hard, I don't recall seeing twelve seperate turrets when running ont he hull of my sunflash.

The Sunflash has six dual turret mounts

quote:

Are they truly seperate or is the turret # more of a firepower amount for a set number of turrets?

Read the manual

quote:

And the main guns, are they all the same with the only differences between recharge time?

Read the appendix data for crafts as well as the manual

quote:

And what's the difference between main gun range and COMPUTED main gun range? And on that subject, how important is the number of main guns?

Read the manual page 44 (I think)

quote:

I really don't understand it at all, though I want to.

You would understand it, if you actually READ the information provided to you. Don't expect anyone to type up all that crap again for you.

Argh. I read the manual, and the appendix, and i'm constantly checking both while playing.

I think you kind of misunderstood my question SC, or maybe I mis-stated it. What I mean was that I really can't tell anything about ships aside from how much shields/armor they have, their speed/maneuverability, and how fast they HJ from the stats in the appendix.

Yes, I see all the numbers there, but what do they all mean? I'm not asking anyone to quote me individual stats for ships, I realize these are already in the appendix, just explain to me how best to interpret them interms of playing the game with specific ships.

"Another thing, while I admittedly haven't looked very hard, I don't recall seeing twelve seperate turrets when running ont he hull of my sunflash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sunflash has six dual turret mounts"

This is the same thing that baffled me a while back. I was looking for 12 turret mounts.

Do these dual turret mounts (2 guns in 1 turret?) mean each gun tracks and fires independantly (aka, 1 gun can be firing left, the other one to the right at the same time)?

quote:

Do these dual turret mounts (2 guns in 1 turret?) mean each gun tracks and fires independantly (aka, 1 gun can be firing left, the other one to the right at the same time)?

I typically command a Questar, which has 5 Dual turret mounts, I thought I saw a few times where 1 turret fired at different targets.