Rookie Recruit Reporting for Duty Sirs....

Ganjo

Hi all, I am very happy to finally post here!

I've got the game up and running a last!

Ok, Since this is my first post there are a few things I want to share with you all....

1)This game is Amazing! I can't believe you people managed to put all that in just a CD. I want to congratulate Derek and the rest of the team for the excellent game.

2) I don't believe how things are in the gaming industry, All the gaming magazines here in the UK vote Half-Life as the best game of all time.

Those people don't know much about games it seems! There are so many excellent games out there that very few people now about, games that only sites such as Underdogs really praise. The best games available today are not reviewd in the gaming magazines, which is a pity.

3) BCM is one of the best games I have ever played! and believe me I have played hundreds. But the game is a bit to overwelming in the first go. I would like to know if there is any extra documentation or any sort of guide except of what is available in the manual and CD.

4) I can't state this enough this game is amazing! Derek, Thank you, It is people like you that make it worth being a gamer!

I forgot to ask...

My fuel seems to end very very quickly, There is no way to go to Majoris and back with the fuel available, and it is so expensive to buy...

So what can I do ? how fast can I get extra fuel by using the solar power? If i go to a spot with near 100% solar power and stay there for a while will it help?

Ganjo,

The best way to lower your fuel consumption is to upgrade some of your systems...namely your Reactor,Engines and Shields...The upgrades are in the appendix on the CD.......How am I going to be able to afford those things,you say?

Weeeeellllllllllll...you have several avenues you can use to get some cash...you can deploy your mining Drones on a planet or moon and allow them to collect precious minerals which you can sell or use if applicable, or you can Trade from Station to Station....I've found the Galcom HQ to Wraith Station in Lyrius to be a very profitable circuit.

ABOVE ALL, I know you've probably read the manual and perused the online appendix, but I must Stress that you read them over and over because there are things that you will miss the first, third and fiftieth time you read it!!

ALSO: Look through this forum and use the search engine provided to research any topic you might have a question on...there is a wealth of info here and someone else has probably asked the same questions you have...

and finally, welcome to our nightmare ...lol... You will not find a better game, more dedicated developer or more tight-knit, helpful and intelligent gaming community anywhere else in the world....glad to have ya!

1) Sell all you missiles, mines, probes and repair part for OCs FCs and SCs. Sell nutripaks to have enough left for 1 or 2 days (3 meals a day x personnel = 1 day supplies)

2) Park your CC on a planet.

3) Deploy mining drones

4) Shutdown the CC engine. Dunno if it help for fuel consumption but I always do that.

5) Put your AE in a shuttle, and launch

6) trade, trade and trade. Find 2 stations that are not on a dangerous trading lane, and that have a different inflation rate and/or specialty. DO NOT trade items from a station to one with a 20% lower inflation, whatever the specialty of each, you will NOT make a profit, you might even loose money. Always trade with specialty items. Look in INFO to know what specialty and inflation rate.

You should stop trading and go fighting when you can buy the best upgrades, 30 droids, machinery, tools and system repair kits and a couple of repair parts for your assets and that you have less or more 10 millions. Buy weapons if you want. Upgrade. Sell the old parts.

7) Have fun

8) When you are running low on cash (less than 5 millions), trade some more. Always repair at starstations, or at least initialise repairs and launch after if you have more sengineers than the station gives.

9) Do run after ALL cargo pods. You'll need to trade less. In my sunflash I can last for days with 10 millions, all I need is fuel money, which cargo pods are generally enough to pay.

[EDIT: I forgot : go regularily empty those mining drones. Pretty money there ]

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Welcome to the forums.

As it has been previously stated, upgrading systems can really help with the fuel situation.

If you are out, use a shuttle to fly to a station to buy more.