Greetings

Manglor

Just wanted to say Hi. Total BC newb here. I've heard all the stories surrounding this franchise, good and bad, and thought it was time I bought the game and made my own judgements.

What I have see so far....

I have what I consider a high-end system with WinXP Pro. I installed the game, downloaded and installed the latest patch and then turned my computer off, sat down with the manual and read it that night. Next day, printed out and read the tutorial and appendix. When I finally ran the game... not one problem, not one bug, not one issue. Ran totally clean for me. This was, to be honest, a bit of a surprise. Not that I thought I'd find bugs right off the bat, but due to what I have read on the web, in the mags, etc...

So, I am still trying to learn the interface. Not too much of a problem as everything I have had questions on, I was able to find answers for in the book or appendix.

Overall: Looking good so far. Need to get alot more time with it to fully experience all it has to offer.

Ah thank you.

Btw... just read the SC's cheat sheet on adding my system info to my Sig. will add that when I get home tonight.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Manglor ]

Welcome Manglor!

Once you get the hang of it. You're going to have a blast. If you come across any questions try using the search function we've covered quite a bit of ground so you will most likely find the answers that you are looking for.

Happy hunting Commander!

Wheeeeee I feel so loved! hahaha

Now, I have read the Fleet FAQ and I understand their roles in the upcoming MP patch. (that's a no-brainer) But what are you doing in the time between now and then? It's not like you can actually practice any fleet manuevers as a unit or such. Tell me what fleet life is all about!

Fleet??? Pah!!!

Join Intercorp instead.

Back off you vultures!!!! You have all the sitting ducks you need re: Oban's post. We need him more

You want to be able to buy and upgrade your own ship or maybe run a starstation with limitless selection of starships to play about come see us!!!

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Until the advent of MP, fleets are primarily RP elements. after MP comes... those RP battles get a new twist.

Wraith is putting a slight twist on that. Orders have been issued to each wing and wing members carry out their individual orders (or will as things progress to that point). The progress of the campaign is then reported back to the fleet via our private forum. It makes for slow going but moves the RP into the game as much as possible until MP arives.