Super Carrier missing fighters?

Hudson

Hey guys, I'm semi new to this game and I just recently noticed something about the Super Carrier Aestrom (the one I'm commanding). In the html appendix it states that the Aestrom has 4x L-Fighter, 2x Infiltrator, 2x Mantis, and 2x Interdictor. That's 10 fighters and when I'm in the main bridge view or in the Tac computer under launch I only have 8 fighters listed. I don't see any way to access the 2 Interdictor fighters that I supposedly have. I even went so far as to get one of my figheters destroyed to see if it would auto populate and fill in for the destroyed fighter but to no avail.

I checked through the manual and tutorial and I didn't see anything about that, of course I may have just overlooked something. Is this a typo or how do I get access to those other 2 fighters?

Hudson

The Aestrom only has 8 fighters. Dunno why Gallion has 10 in there. It must not have been updated in while.

Take a look at DATAASSETS.INI line #109 and you will see its fighter complement.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Ok cool, thanks. Can I ask a second sorta related question? It's about my flight officer. I read in the manual that after fighters dock that either I need to manually assign flight engineers to the craft to repair/ready it for flight again or else if I don't that the Flight Officer with automatically assign engineers for me. I docked 4 fighters and left them alone for an hour and after that hour the FO still had not assigned engineers to them to get them ready again. The entire time he was "On Station" but nothing ever happened. Is there something else I need to do to get him doing his job?

Btw, great game SC, the only thing that came/comes close to this game (IMO) was Privateer by Origin back in the days, but obviously this is so much grander and deeper than that game. Thx!

It's not the FO who does that:

The Combat Officer, CO, has the following tasks, which he performs automatically during the normal operation of the ship.

TASKS: AI

Marines take 15-30 minutes longer to prepare for deployment if not on-station

Fighters take 10-20 minutes longer to reach ready status if not on-station

Assignment of Flight Engineers to evaluate and prep docked crafts for launch 50

Assignment of Combat Pilots to ready craft with vacant operator 35

Auto prepping of Marines for combat 35

Assignment of Marines to search for escaped prisoners 75

Auto loading of missiles, mines & probes once bay is empty 75

(number to the right is the AI level required before he will do the task)

This information is copied directly from a file you have (if you have BCM installed). In your start menu, bcm->docs->manual appendix

Click on crew

Then click on the rest, so that you don't ask other questions that some people around here will reply with nothing more than "RTFM"...

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Gomez ]

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

Really? Then how come I can't order my ATV when I step out of it?

Dunno. check its pulse.

Anyway, the issue is that you have this access IF and WHEN the NPCs that launched with the craft, die. You are not an NPC.

In BCM I was planning on killing this feature, but never got around to it. And since it wasn't broke, didn't affect anything and nobody *****ed about it, I dropped it off my radar.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Well, aside from it's practical value, it's semi-realistic. After all, if you can give orders via Tac-Ops while lounging on a beach, why not remotely control your OC?