Disabled station

Gustavo

A noob question here. I have searched for all the forum and I haven't find the answear. I captured the Destiny station (Nevuela - Alpha Centaury). I had a lot of work trying to protect it. The problem is that many fighters got to my station at the same time and I was anable to avoid my station to be disabled. Now I can't dock at it anymore but it is still labeled TER/MIL - DISABLED. The question is: Will this station be ok again (and than I will keep around trying to protect it) or Is it destroyed forever? (And so, I will leave and find another station to capture.)

If it will be ok, how long do I have to wait to be able to dock again?

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Gustavo:

A noob question here. I have searched for all the forum and I haven't find the answear. I captured the Destiny station (Nevuela - Alpha Centaury). I had a lot of work trying to protect it. The problem is that many fighters got to my station at the same time and I was anable to avoid my station to be disabled. Now I can't dock at it anymore but it is still labeled TER/MIL - DISABLED. The question is: Will this station be ok again (and than I will keep around trying to protect it) or Is it destroyed forever? (And so, I will leave and find another station to capture.)

If it will be ok, how long do I have to wait to be able to dock again?

Thanks

It will be ok in time (2 hours if memory serves).

I've had something similar, where i had captured Pixan, but it was destroyed shortly after i launched from it - but when it was rebuilt, the Disabled flag was never cleared, despite the region being cleared of hostiles (i know, i left a probe), and three days having elapsed.

I'll shut up now, since this isn't a tech support forum.

quote:

Originally posted by Rm:

I've had something similar, where i had captured Pixan, but it was destroyed shortly after i launched from it - but when it was rebuilt, the Disabled flag was never cleared, despite the region being cleared of hostiles (i know, i left a probe), and three days having elapsed.

oh? If you can reproduce it, please post about it in the Misc Issues section of the tech forum and I will investigate.

It was in my current game, and only happened recently - i would've mentioned it before, but i had assumed that the station wasn't completely rebuilt - until i found out i could dock!

Ok, thanks again.

I have another problem here. I captured the Desteny station (Nevuela) but I cant distroy or capture the Station Supply (TER/INS) near it. I tried to tow it and deliver it but it is not allowed. Is there any way to destroy or capture this station? The most funny is that I distroyed it (disabled) but I didn't receive my ExP.

I didn't received ExP for capturing the Desteny station either. Is it a bug or It is just me missing anything again? I'm not a Strategic Commander yet. Is it the problem?

thanks again

Just ignore the supply station - you don't get any EPs (i think) for destroying them and they can't be captured.

Anyway, you can still use them in FP mode, even if they belong to an enemy race/caste

quote:

Originally posted by Rm:

Just ignore the supply station - you don't get any EPs (i think) for destroying them and they can't be captured.

Anyway, you can still use them in FP mode, even if they belong to an enemy race/caste

Ok, I will keep that supply station, so...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Thats exactly the reason why I flagged supply stations as indestructible.

And if you don't get EPs for capturing a station, read the appendix.

Sorry SC, But This is in the Appendix (bottom page):

Player awarded EPs for capturing stations:

EP MEDAL AWARDED

Each Station + 5000 1x Combat Shield

Maybe I am missing something here.

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

i always love using enemy resup stations to resupply. nothing like using the enemies material against them

What is the pouporse of this Supply Station? I don't like that red dot beside my new captured star station so I blow out every Sup Station I see around. I don't get Exp for it but It is funny

*snip*

NO bug reports in this thread.

First warning

Last warning

[ 01-28-2002, 12:21: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Grayfox

the purpose of it is if you are a space force marine, you can resupply out in space using it just like you would a resupply station on a planet. the manual and appendices cover how to use and what they do

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Rm:

I'll shut up now, since this isn't a tech support forum.

Hey, I don't know if this is my problem here but lets go...

I captured the Destiny station and I kept around to protect it. When It was full shield and armor recharged (all station at 100% and shield and armor at max value) I decided that The station could take care lf itself. A lot of fighers attacked my station at the same time. I destroyed many of them but on reached the station and fired two or three missles at it. The stations was at full shield level and full armor level but it sent an SOS and was disabled. Why?

I have seen the same problem with other captured stations.

Did you check to see if the Integrity was at 100%. Im assuming your running the lastest patch.

Errrm I just noticed your other post above which was edited by the SC.

This isnt a bug reporting area, so if its a bug, and not something you think you just overlooked, please post it in the relevant area. This area is not for tech support.

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

Did you check to see if the Integrity was at 100%. Im assuming your running the lastest patch.

Errrm I just noticed your other post above which was edited by the SC.

This isnt a bug reporting area, so if its a bug, and not something you think you just overlooked, please post it in the relevant area. This area is not for tech support.

Ok... Remember I am a NEWBIE and I don't know when I'm doing something wrong or when the game has a bug.

HERE is the place to ask questions, right? I searched the manual, the appendix and all the forum before posting here.

sorry for this.