BCM Day 2 OR The capture, subsequent torture and slow painful death of a nOOb

Manglor

Wheee. My 2nd day of BCM. Enjoying it, reminds me of my days playing Trade Wars 2000 on the local BBS's before we all had access to the internet. Ah, I loved that game....anyway, load the game and start to figure out the trading side of things. Again, every question I had, I found the answer in the manual. I do have a few questions on the economics model created for the game. For example, I was running Aux repair units from GALCOMHQ to Genesis making a small profit. If I were to continue to do this, would the price drop as I brought more and more of them in? Do NPC's know about good prices and also bring those goods in, driving the price down as well?

Back to the story... I'm playing a campaign and my orders come in to see to the safety of some diplomats to Majoris station. No problem, I drop some drones off on the moon and set course. About 3 jumps out I get attacked by some raiders. I launch fighters, shut off power to the launch bays and transporter and turn to face my attackers. About halfway through the fight, I get a warning about running out of crystals. I thought this was one of my fighter pilots so I ordered them to dock to refuel. Unfortunately, it was my reactor fuel and about 2 mins later all systems go off-line. ACK! Luckily I was able to get enough solar power to launch a shuttle to tow my sorry butt out of there. Now, at that time a MK1 Battlecruiser jumps in and destroys my ship, the shuttle and hence, me.

Lesson learned?

Never leave home without stopping at the gas station first.

quote:

Originally posted by Manglor:

For example, I was running Aux repair units from GALCOMHQ to Genesis making a small profit. If I were to continue to do this, would the price drop as I brought more and more of them in? Do NPC's know about good prices and also bring those goods in, driving the price down as well?

Not in BCM