Picking up the mining drones without my tac computer

Hudson

I was in a battle and severely damaged and my bridge viewer is down to 4% and all my bridge windows report malfunction and i can't see anything. I've got 4 mining drones down on the planet surface ready to be picked up. I know how to get them by setting waypoints using the tacops view and all, but I can't access it due to the damage (880k for a new unit, plus my workers want overtime pay) and I don't know how to do it otherwise. I went through the manual shuttle control menus and I cannot locate a function that seems to relate with picking up a mining drone. Can I do this any other way or am I screwed? This game I just started is less than a day old, but I like trying to recover from difficult situations and I wanna try to pull this off. Any help would be appreciated.

Hudson

Well, I'm not Epsilon, but here it goes anyway:

Observe planet or moon where you deployed the drone. Select zoom to support units and select mining drone. Then you can set wayponts to the shuttle you are in to extract drone activate autopilot and off you go.

Edit: target earth and press shift-9 to establish planetfall and then activate your autopilot

[ 01-30-2002, 14:30: Message edited by: Papi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Hudson:

Can I ask one more question Epsilon? How do I locate the drones myself when I'm flying the shuttle?

In addition to Papi's comments, when on the surface of the planet in your trusty shuttle you can target, extract, show the cargo, unload and deploy drones manually using the drone command menus available on the shuttle's HUD.

If you want to manually collect cargo from those drones because your crew has TVS (terminal vegetable syndrome also known as Chronic Resnig Disease) I suggest unloading your largest capacity shuttle, fly to and extract each drone individually, unload and redeploy the drones until your shuttle's full and then repeat for the remaining drones.

While the above requires much more effort and time on your part, the down time for the drones is dramatically reduced (just long enough to click extract drone-x, unload drone-x and deploy drone-x).

PS

Also, remember that each craft has a fully functional TACOPS computer (assuming it hasn't been damaged that is).

[ 01-30-2002, 14:31: Message edited by: Tyrn ]