space marines

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

wont let you evac em either using the transporter. tried that last night... tried everything my little brain could think of... maybe you should just leave em there and buy new ones

How did you get them out in space to begin with?

simple. get them into a shuttle and place a deploy team waypoint for the shuttle in space and launch. It should deploy the marines and crew into space.

Guest Grayfox

lmao

ya SC. thats how i did it too... its like a trouble magnet tho. cause everytime i do it, a buttload of enemy ships come in system. so i got 5 lil SF marines flyin around bouncing off of Gammulan cap ships shootin up gammulan SF marines, and just floating around.

i take it SF marines arent supposed to be out in space??? from your ship at least?

just curious

well, i wish this could be a quick question, but, as this is my first post, I just have to say, that I’ve been waiting for a game like this, since I started playing that text based game called trade wars, on those old bbs dial up boards(back in the days when 14.4 modems were kick a$$)

well, anyway, back to my problem(s):

(also, if you could dumb down your answers, I’m not very technical when it comes to computers and such)

1)space marines…what are they good for?

Besides flying shuttles, they die when teleported to a planet, cant be placed on an away team, from the shuttle, and deployed to the ground…and for some reason I cant seem to be able to deploy them in space either(yes I’ve read every single piece of written material, for this game, until my eyes bugged out….and then I passed it over to my brother to read)

2) (this is more of a suggestion) why isn’t there a sell all button, or a buy max button?

I hate having to hold down that sell button for like 5 min till all the materials are sold…or whatever

3) I once landed my shuttle craft, on that little piece of the building that looks like a landing pad, (on the star base on earth, on the botton left side of the map) and the star base, like flipped around for a while, then moved to about 20,000 feet…is it saposta do that?

4) how come there arnt any group commands, like, for marines or anything, clicking on each one individually is kinda tedious, or maybe there is one…?

4a) are there group commands for your fleet of space ships and stuff, once you get fleet c&c??

5) is there an easy way to target enemies when your in first person mode?

6) how come all the cool info you can access in a shuttle, you cant do on the bridge

(like, click on a drone icon, or the troop icon) or is there one?

Also, I’ve read that we need a system spec’s thingie on the bottom of each post, how do I do that?

(here are my system specs anyway)

866 P3

256 ram

32 meg video, nevida gforce2, gts

turtle beach sound card

First of all, Here's how to put system info in your sig

1) Except for that little trick, onboard ship operations such as guarding an area.

2)Because.

3)Hmm...while it is possible to land on buildings, I wouldn't reccomend it.

4 and 4a)No and no. Wait for XP1.

5) Yes, hit "O" twice, then "k" until the display in the radar reads "HMN", then hit "m". Once you move the display will disapear, so you could use the TTU(I think that's what it's called, hit the "P" key to activate) and then click on the hostile marines/objects.

6) Because you can access these from TacOps, and you can't deploy troops or mining drones without a shuttle. It's puzzled me why they aren't at least accessible from the bridge, however...

7)What? There isn't a question 7? OK, you can stop reading now.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

simple. get them into a shuttle and place a deploy team waypoint for the shuttle in space and launch. It should deploy the marines and crew into space.

aha! I was wondering about that. OK, I will disable that in the next patch.

XP1 will have the ability to deploy/extract SFMs using this method and the transporters.

btw, how come he cannot extract them using same waypoint method? Or doesn't that work?

[ 02-10-2002, 08:59: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

[/QB]Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

aha! I was wondering about that. OK, I will disable that in the next patch.

XP1 will have the ability to deploy/extract SFMs using this method and the transporters.

btw, how come he cannot extract them using same waypoint method? Or doesn't that work?[/QB]

I tried extracting them with the waypoints, but the shuttle just does a flyby without picking up the personnel. Also, flagging them for evac doesn't work, the checkbox resets to empty once the menu disappears.

Guest Grayfox

nope doesnt work for some reason. all the shuttle does when it gets to the "extract team" waypoint is go into RTB mode and return to the CC. i even tried piloting the shuttle myself.

but i was gonna ask if BCM wasnt meant to do that will xp1 you answered for me lol.

• 4 weeks later...

My system config. 933mhz pIII 8.1 direct x

128 ram

I deployed my space marines by doing the following: sending them to the shuttle 2) I went to tacops 3)I used the set position tab to set the place to deploy the space marines 4) I them gave the action of Deploy Team.

Shuttle launched and the team was deployed, BUT

I COULD NEVER RETRIEVE THEM

Guest Grayfox

lol yeah. it is a loophole... a cool one but still. it only works one way. you can deploy, not retrieve

and add that sys profile info in yer sig b4 SC drops HEAT rounds on your position

[ 03-04-2002, 19:52: Message edited by: Grayfox ]