My Crew takes over my CC

Brucebia

I have tried to figure out what Im doing wrong but I now have to ask

I am in space off a planet with the intention of transfering to a shuttle to land on the planet.

I never make it to the shuttle. Before long I get the information that planetfall is underway. I have made sure there is no motion toward the planet and I have used shift+` . Clearly I am not doing something correctly.

• 2 months later...
Guest Shingen

quote:

the SC wrote

Put the ship in HALT mode and turn on the A/P. You might also want to clear any target currently displayed in the CVD.

This is a good tactic in most cases, but sometimes my BC will engage hostile targets even with it being in a/p mode, set to halt, and no targets in the CVD!

This usually happens when I'm out site-seeing in my Shuttle or IC...and completely unaware!

Go figure!

[ 04-28-2002, 00:15: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Didnt you ever take your parent's car for a joy ride? The crew must get bored. They spend all day sitting on the bridge of a multi-billion dollar ship capible of destroying cities, and only you get to play with it.

Even the marines raise hell when your gone. They bring out the beer hidden all over the ship and chase the medics around.

[ 04-28-2002, 01:31: Message edited by: antaren4279 ]

I'd rather not hand my ship to my crew... once I was trading in a shuttle, and left my sunflash to float not too far from ISS station (instead of leaving it in the middle of a desert) ... An enemy corsair attacked my ship and practically destroyed it.. until I grabbed the fighter with my tractor beam And I DID ordered my CC to attack the fighter.... Major damage, oh boy...

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

I'd rather not hand my ship to my crew... once I was trading in a shuttle, and left my sunflash to float not too far from ISS station (instead of leaving it in the middle of a desert) ... An enemy corsair attacked my ship and practically destroyed it.. until I grabbed the fighter with my tractor beam And I DID ordered my CC to attack the fighter.... Major damage, oh boy...

That's what happens when you let a bunch of n00bs climb into your command chair, and play with pretty flashing buttons, they have no clue as to what function they actually do. Chaos soon consumes the bridge, then the rest of the ship, of which becomes easy pickings for the hostles.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

This is a good tactic in most cases, but sometimes my BC will engage hostile targets
even with
it being in a/p mode, set to halt, and no targets in the CVD!

Rubbish

[ 04-29-2002, 14:39: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

That's what happens when you let a bunch of n00bs climb into your command chair, and play with pretty flashing buttons, they have no clue as to what function they actually do. Chaos soon consumes the bridge, then the rest of the ship, of which becomes easy pickings for the hostles.

Then the next thing u know u got hull breaches up the yin yang and your crying like there's no tomorrow when u announce an abandon ship but not before u personally take out those noobs yourself and then Resnig.

quote:

would I lie??? I think not...at least it happens sometimes in BC3K 2.09

I never said you'd lie. Probably inaccurate reporting.

Once you engage the AP and give an order (e.g. HALT), the CC will carry out that order.

So, if you give it the HALT order, engage AP and then it takes off - thats a bug because it shouldn't do that. Last time I checked, it doesn't.

Which is why I said rubbish. And until you can prove this, my comment still stands. Here is another variation of that sentiment.

Bollocks

Guest Shingen

quote:

The SC wrote:

I never said you'd lie. Probably inaccurate reporting.

Once you engage the AP and give an order (e.g. HALT), the CC will carry out that order.

So, if you give it the HALT order, engage AP and then it takes off - thats a bug because it shouldn't do that. Last time I checked, it doesn't.

Which is why I said rubbish. And until you can prove this, my comment still stands. Here is another variation of that sentiment.

Bollocks

Well, I didn't post in this thread to start an argument, or whatever, I was just stating what sometimes happens within the game.

If it's a bug or not, I have no clue, all I know is that sometimes the AI does weird things.

I think it's more an issue of waypoints. Sometimes the previous waypoints aren't completely "cleared" in the memory so if you set the AI to 'HALT', then to A/P, then EXIT the BC to take over a shuttle or IC, sometimes the BC will either engage hostiles (if present), or randomly pick a jump-point and SAD/Patrol/ect... (depending on the previous TacOps/waypoint command)

If you spends as many hours glued to your computer playing BC3K, as I do, you might find alot of "weird" things a-happening...

OK...NOW you can throw me out the airlock!

[ 05-02-2002, 20:19: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Guest Shingen

quote:

the SC wrote:
Thats right. Baseless reports with no basis in reality - nor proof therein - are pointless.

Yeh..whatever...

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that...

now.. back on topic shall we..

Guest Shingen

well I apologize for my hard-headedness, but I know what the hell happens in the game, 'cause I play it at least everyday!! ..and I ain't freakin' stupid!!

It ain't my fault that the SC won't listen to the people who actually PLAY the damn game...(speaking of BC3K 2.09 only)

I'll go back in my corner now before I get banned for life..

[ 05-04-2002, 02:00: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Guest Remo Williams

It is funny though that I,ve played the game since early 99 for countless hours and it has not happen to me. You might try having the parking break adjusted on your BC.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Remo Williams wrote:

It is funny though that I,ve played the game since early 99 for countless hours and it has not happen to me. You might try having the parking break adjusted on your BC.

well that figures... that it would only happen to me... anyway, all comments still stand ( at least in my case...)

I also have the problem that I can't dock with planetary starbases because they won't display in the CVD (which I brought up about a year ago)..and yes, I've re-installed a thousand times.. so maybe it's my copy of the game that's corrupt.. hell I don't know...

[ 05-04-2002, 02:48: Message edited by: Shingen ]

quote:

I also have the problem that I can't dock with planetary starbases because they won't display in the CVD (which I brought up about a year ago)..and yes, I've re-installed a thousand times.. so maybe it's my copy of the game that's corrupt.. hell I don't know...

You just keep going downhill, don't you?

Starbases are filtered differently - just the same way certain units are only visible in the Tacscan; certain units are only visible in the NID. And unless the unit is selected in the NID or Tacscan, you won't be able to view it in the CVD. And if you cannot view it in the CVD, you can't dock.

Lemme guess, your version of BCM is different from ours. Yeah, that must be it.

quote:

and I ain't freakin' stupid!!

There's a thin Red line between stupidity and ignorance. Take your pick.

[ 05-04-2002, 09:14: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Shingen

quote:

Starbases are filtered differently - just the same way certain units are only visible in the Tacscan; certain units are only visible in the NID. And unless the unit is selected in the NID or Tacscan, you won't be able to view it in the CVD. And if you cannot view it in the CVD, you can't dock.

..no shite, still don't freakin' work dude.. starbases DON'T display in the TacScan, so they WON'T display in the NID, therefore they DON'T register in the CVD... therefore I CAN'T dock...(and please don't tell me to cycle through the targets,'cause I DID RTFM )as I posted about a freakin year ago.. all clear now???

quote:

Lemme guess, your version of BCM is different from ours. Yeah, that must be it.

There's a thin Red line between stupidity and ignorance. Take your pick.

..and for about the third freakin' time I wasn't talkin about BCM... so you take your pick...

there's also a fine line between reality and perception...one usually ain't got jack to do with the other...

but this is getting very droll, and I seriously fail to care anymore...

later...

quote:

..no shite, still don't freakin' work dude.. starbases DON'T display in the TacScan, so they WON'T display in the NID, therefore they DON'T register in the CVD... therefore I CAN'T dock...(and please don't tell me to cycle through the targets,'cause I DID RTFM )as I posted about a freakin year ago.. all clear now???

To see buildings in the NID you have to increase the zoom level by about 8k. That's not written in he manual, at least not explicitely. Found out later when I had the same problem

p21 When on a planet's surface, the topology map of the surface is removed as the zoom level is increased. This will display a view of the object at it's current location[3i]

quote:

..and for about the third freakin' time I wasn't talkin about BCM... so you take your pick...

Err oops. Anyway must work the same way in bc3k? Wish i could check.