The Trading Economy in BCM

Now, I was just wondering if the prices of trade goods in game vary with time? From what I've been able to tell they are static. Which Get's me to wondering as to how I can make a profit by ever selling anything to Galcom HQ?

I have not played any really long games yet, but when Galcom runs out or radium, I'm not the one who goes to stock it up because the price they are willing to pay does not increase [so I can't go buy radium somehwere else, even with no inflation, and sell to GHQ and make any money]

Also because after I drained all the radium from GHQ it seemed that no one was coming to sell them anymore, despite the fact that transports were going to and fro.

I guess this would also affect those of us who may want to take a trader's role in MP. SO basically, my question is do the prices change with demand/quantity at a station? If not in SP will they in MP?

Or, will this only be included in XP1's "All new trading logic and database (complete overhaul of the trading and inventory system) "?

Cheers!

traders bring supplys etc to stations dynamicly, just because you been watching the station and it hasnt filled up with a certain material, how do you know the transports even had the materiels to sell to the station?

Keep watching it, it will eventually get that resource.

I think the inflation is static.

The Inflation Rate of a Station is one key.

Galcom Hq's Inflation Rate is 0% where as Genesis has an Inflation Rate of 10%. Wraith's is 30%.

Do the math

TTFN

[ 03-12-2002, 18:04: Message edited by: Gallion ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

The Inflation Rate of a Station is one key.

Galcom Hq's Inflation Rate is 0% where as Genesis has an Inflation Rate of 10%. Wraith's is 30%.

Do the math

TTFN

Heh, I don't think you read my question... but thanks for grade school lesson again

Cheers!

quote:

Originally posted by Shadow_Wolf33:

that would be sweet!

then you could go around in a system, blow the living monkey poop out of everyone that has anything that looks like cargo...and starve the station until its waiting to pay what YOU want

Yep

But you can seige a station right now in BCM. Just prevent NPC transports from docking with it and eventually it will run out of materials. Over time, the station itself will start to deteriorate and will SOS.

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

SC, approximately how long does it take for the rates being paid by the station to change? And if the station is deprived for a long period of time do their paying rates continue to rise?

Cheers!

Play the game and check it yourself

YEah, but the whole problem is that you'd have to blockade the jump points, because you can't get too close to the station. You'd need to wait for MP or get Fleet Control and tow the other ships to friendly stations.

It would be really cool if you could board a blockade runner and take their stuff!

Use your fighters wisely. The transport ships aren't that strong and instead of using your capital ships to jump from point to point trying to catch/intercept transports, if you use fighters they can easily outrun transports and destroy them. Also, destroyed ships leave cargo pods behind. The only thing about blockading the station is it takes a while, but you don't run the risk of getting destroyed if you face it head on and don't have a cloack.

That's why I love the new stations. Not because they are more chalenging, but because now it actually makes sence to blockade and you have a choice to either face considerable risk or actually WORK on capturing that station by blockading it.

This game is getting better and better.

yeah, when I hear all this talk about how stations are easy to beat, that must've been before the recent patches, cause the one time I tried attacking a starbase, I was cloaked, but as soon as I launched a missle, BOOM.

quote:

Originally posted by goaliejerry:

yeah, when I hear all this talk about how stations are easy to beat, that must've been before the recent patches, cause the one time I tried attacking a starbase, I was cloaked, but as soon as I launched a missle, BOOM.

Yea since the latest patches stations have got real teeth some strategy is definatly needed before attempting an attack/capture of a station.

However I never realised that you could siege a station - learn something new every day/silly old me!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

However I
never
realised that you could siege a station - learn something new every day/silly old me!!!!!

You sure can. Do a search in the Beta VCF for the word seige or economic, for notes on this.

...or you can just read p66 of the manual

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

However I
never
realised that you could siege a station - learn something new every day/silly old me!!!!!

You sure can. Do a search in the Beta VCF for the word seige or economic, for notes on this.

...or you can just read p66 of the manual

Whoops Sorry SC me bad