Oh god do I need help!

I need help...though my computer doesnt play BCM right..i still play it...and I havnt been able to figure out certain things..please help.

1.Ok one thing I dont understand is how do you get engineers to do repairs? My core is leaking and I dont know if my men are working on it.

2. I entered a flux field near jupitor and when I came out I blew up...why? (I got about 2 feet away from the FF)

3. How do you get the crew into a shuttle!! Where is this in the maunal?

4. Can you pick up cargo pods when there inspace? I had one targeted with a tow cable but it never worked...I got really close to it too.

Well thats all I have for now.... This game is really good and I love it (even though i just got GTA3 for PC)..it still holding its ground..I cant wait for the MP...

1. Go to logistix, select your command craft, look through the decks for your damaged reactor , click on it and the rest is self explanatory.

The only thing that will repair your systems automatically is JAC. Though in some cases if I remember correctly if your CE's AI is high enough, he will assign engineers to repair critical systems.

2. Flux fields have multiple exits, (you cant choose which exit, its random) some of them lead to black holes. (which is how your ship got destroyed.

3. Use the tactical computer and figure this one out for yourself, a monkey could do it.

4. You can only pick up cargo pods with a shuttle, when its launched order it to cargo sweep and it will pick up all cargo pods in region.

Guest krelian

1. Check the manual, page 37-38. Repairs are easier at stations however, cos you have access to SOME of the stations spare parts.

2. Flux Fields can end up in black holes. they blow up your ship. (Manual page 36)

3. Use the tactical computer, click crew, then underneath assignment, change all the buttons from "On Station" or whatever to SC1, SC2, SC3 or SC4. (Manual page 40 helps)

4. not sure, but i think you need to use shuttles to pick up cargo pods. Launch a shuttle, and select Cargosweep. that collects all cargo pods in the area.

hope that helps a little.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Unforgiven_Killer:

Im an idiot.....thanks for the info.

No, you're just a newbie. No idiots in this thread....yet

lol!

quote:

4. You can only pick up cargo pods with a shuttle, when its launched order it to cargo sweep and it will pick up all cargo pods in region.

You can also target the pod, click on the CC icon / current target / SC# collect and the shuttle will launch and collect the pod.

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Im an idiot.....thanks for the info.

No, you're just a newbie. No idiots in this thread....yet

Uhhh...what does BC stand for? *scratches his head like Homer Simpson*
BC means BarbeCue

Ok I have another question....is there a better and faster way of finding bases on planets....I use tacops but its too long..it takes like a half an hour...

Also does it matter where you enter a planets atmosphere? Because every time I got to the moon..even when Im on the bright side of the moon I land in a dark area..

quote:

Ok I have another question....is there a better and faster way of finding bases on planets....I use tacops but its too long..it takes like a half an hour...

Also does it matter where you enter a planets atmosphere? Because every time I got to the moon..even when Im on the bright side of the moon I land in a dark area..

Half an hour to find a base on the planet from Tacops? How are you doing this?

As for landing on the moon, set a waypoint for you CC at the destination where you want it to land. For example, go to Tacops, choose CC, and set a waypoint 1 as "go to next" and waypoint 2 as "wait for orders". Then turn CC autopilot on (in space) and CC should enter atmoshpere at waypoint 1 and fly to waypoint 2 and stop. That way you can land at any specific place on the moon.

Guest krelian

"Ok I have another question....is there a better and faster way of finding bases on planets....I use tacops but its too long..it takes like a half an hour..."

theres a list of which mzone the bases are in in the appendix. its under launch bases. seems like a pretty quick way to find the bases to me

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

As for landing on the moon, set a waypoint for you CC at the destination where you want it to land. For example, go to Tacops, choose CC, and set a waypoint 1 as "go to next" and waypoint 2 as "wait for orders". Then turn CC autopilot on (in space) and CC should enter atmoshpere at waypoint 1 and fly to waypoint 2 and stop. That way you can land at any specific place on the moon.

You can also just set a single waypoint and then enter the planet manually. You will establish planetfall at that waypoint location.

Yes, this too is covered in the manual. In detail.