Post Request!!...

Would it be possible for the establishment of a "sticky" post, for BC enthusiasts too post ideas for wanted features, in upcoming BC titles?

Wouldn't this be better, keeping idea's in one post rather than, 'Whishlists' just popping up in all over the board? It also gives me a chance to blurt my guts out..

[ 06-30-2002, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Rosko ]

Not that I'm a mod or an admin, but I would believe that such a post would cause more harm than good.

Just read over the results of some of the past wishlists in the forum...

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Not only the SC doesn't like wishlists, whenever he ask for what we think, he's very restrictive on what we can say so most people don't know what to say, or how to say what they want. So this point is moot.

Rubbish

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Not only the SC doesn't like wishlists, whenever he ask for what we think, he's very restrictive on what we can say so most people don't know what to say, or how to say what they want. So this point is moot.

Rubbish

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...ic;f=2;t=001059

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...ic;f=9;t=000253

Guest $iLk

I think what Ep5 is saying, is that you aren't restrictive so long as the post remains on topic, and as past threads have shown, it gets pulled off topic fairly quickly when people's imagination take hold and they ask things like:

"Mr Supreme Commander, could you please add in a forty story robotic dog with laser beam eyes that has boosters in his buttocks and an alligator tail?"

And rightly so you get a little perturbed and remind them that the Death Star Battlewagon is nearing completion and you are going to smash the whelps into submission.

Did the two of you actually understand what he wrote and what I was refering to?

Probably not.

Here, let me quote it again

whenever he ask for what we think, he's very restrictive on what we can say so most people don't know what to say, or how to say what they want

Thats rubbish.

Not only that, what you two ($ilk and Charles) are saying is correct. What he (Epsilon5) is saying, is rubbish and completely out of context. I've seen him post similar nonsense over at the BCC forum - but I never commented because I've said that I won't post there any more.

The fact is, rules are rules. You either abide by them or you don't. When I post something I want discussed, I don't expect people to go overboard and beyond the scope of the game and/or the premise (as you pointed out $ilk). But they do. Why? because they are oblivious of the instructions given.

Which is why I no longer ask for public opinions. And when I do need an opinion, I ask the testers.

The same thing plagues all game devs which is why they end up ignoring fans (most cases) and then they (gamers) ***** about not being listened to.

It ranks up there with niche games. Gamers ***** about there not being enough of them (e.g. flight sims, war games etc) - yet, when they are released, they don't buy them. And when publishers stop funding such games, they (gamers) wonder why.

Same thing with piracy. They (gamers) ***** about the high price of games - yet, they pirate them - and expect the prices to come down. Guess what? Those high prices offset the cost of piracy. And no, reducing the price is not going to curb it either because most bastards still feel that they shouldn't buy games or that because they live in a country where the GNP is probably lower than the game budget, they can't afford it. YET, they own a f*cking computer!! Go figure.

I was speaking at the IGDA meeting last week and alluded to the same thing. EVERYTHING that has and is befalling the gaming industry is a direct result of how some of the gamers behave. You can be as hardcore as you bloody well like, but unless you vote with your dollars, stick with the devs who frigging spend their time developing games (....you should buy), you'd just be pissing up a tree and will remain unseen and unheard.

.....and it ranks right up there with playing by the rules. No frigging fool (looks a lot like a game developer) is going to spend time implementing crazy ass features that only you (frigging idiot gamer) in your wildest dreams can concote totally and right out of the game's realm and premise.

Thats my Monday morning rant.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

At the very least, he asked.

Rather than the proverbial "Candidates for Airlock Duty" who just post a new thread prior to reading the forum rules of engagement.

Agreed