bad shuttle!?!?

i was mining on Mt.Everest once. one thing i notice alot is the shuttles when told to RTB slide on the ground untill they are facing the CC and then take off. That would be fine if the marine didnt decide to fly into a mountain. 2 shuttles were destroyed and 1 got the engine ripped out. I decided to go on vacation with some of my fellow officers (Resnig stayed to sit in front of a screen and say he is working while he plays pong eating vac packs.) I accidentally picked the engineless ship. I loaded in the officers and a few marines and medics. and off we went. we flew down to a nice place when all of a sudden we dropped. i barely was able to fly but i crash landed in a mountian top. Then i transported all the people up and sent a tow shuttle to get the other shuttle. how could anyone be so stupid to fly into a mountain?

[ 08-06-2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: TheBunny ]

because they're in FTOL mode - if you switch to VTOL mode (Caps Lock), you can take off vertically - just remember to switch back to FTOL mode, otherwise, you're not going to be going anywhere in a hurry

LOL!!! man this n00b is funny

Hey Bunny i foresee your futore.... you are gonna force Galcom and the Gammulan council to join forces so they can destroy you... maybe those weird things you do will help you annihilate a whole fleet (ala Jar Jar Binks in EP1)

Well, since we're on the subject of bad shuttles. I sent a shuttle off to land on the Phoebe moon orbiting Mars in order to deploy a droin for mining. Reliving that I can do that for I couldn't find the bleedy "Deploy Droin" button. So I command the shuttle to to RTB. Well it sure does it's damnedist to get back home, but for some reason or another, the gravity of the moon isn't allowing it to leave orbit. It just keeps on banging the top of it's atmospheric envelope. Oh, and yes, a marine is piloting it. I guess that's what you get for assigning a ground pounder to fly something.

Now I have to enter the moon's atmosphere and fly over 4,000,000 km to rendezous with it so it can dock. Never again will I have a marine perform a mission as that. Strict cargosweeping and combat for those boys.

Well it is a more realistic idea yes. But one thing, the shuttle didn't show up when observing the planet/moon. Clicked all over to no avail of locating it. Of course, if I look at the location the shuttle is at and then try to narrow the area down. But on the topographic map of the planet/moon, no blip to illustrate where the shuttle it, have to zoom way in. We'll see what happens.

quote:

Originally posted by SyberSamurai:

But on the topographic map of the planet/moon, no blip to illustrate where the shuttle it, have to zoom way in. We'll see what happens.

Even reading a manual might help

Seriously, observe the moon in tacops, use zoom to support and select your shuttle.

quote:

Originally posted by SyberSamurai:

Well it is a more realistic idea yes. But one thing, the shuttle didn't show up when observing the planet/moon. Clicked all over to no avail of locating it. Of course, if I look at the location the shuttle is at and then try to narrow the area down. But on the topographic map of the planet/moon, no blip to illustrate where the shuttle it, have to zoom way in. We'll see what happens.

If its off the map, its off the map. Use the support units tab in Tacops. Thats why I put it there.

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

i did. i never knew that minerals floated in the air. i got 10 units of sapphire doing that

heh, thats a loophole I've been thinking of plugging but keep forgetting. As long as the drone is on the planet, it will mine - even if its not physically on the ground.

I wonder if a SAM will get that flying mining drone...lol. I doubt it...you did some nice coding SC. I would love to see grunts try to shoot at it though...lol. Or fighters doing "Strafing Runs" on it. lol