Neg EP points?!

Chicki

Hi. I am new to BCM and loving it. Been playing in roam in my BK MK3, mining mostly. Just noticed that I have -21,000 or so EP points. ????? How did I get negitive points? I have only engaged about 3 ships so far, all enemy. Destroyed nothing else. Like I said, just been mining mostly. Anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

It is perfectly normal for it to go negative. You have to work to raise it.

He was obviously doing badly e.g. allowing ships to get destroyed in his PZ, destroying friendlies etc etc. All circumstances under which you would lose EPs.

[ 08-26-2002, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Grayfox

whatever area you are in. if you are in roam, and youre in jupiter space, and a galcom (if youre alignment is galcom)vessel is destroyed while it is traveling through jupiter space, then you will lose EP. if you happen to be sitting at 0 EP to begin with, then you will be negative... same works for the other alignments.

i started a roam, and wasnt paying attention, and by the time i reached my destination in obsidia, i was -3,000 EP.

took me a while to work that one off.

• 3 months later...

As a matter of fact, it happened to me last day and I was wondering why! After 5 hours of playing, I managed to get 3500EP's. While checking the ship's subsystems, I looked on the Roster Tab and saw - Oh, s**t - [-1500EP's]!!! All these happened in the POLARIS region while I was following a suspicious transport in the PROCYON's front yard: ACTIS IV. Who said that any region is ever been cleared?...

I already too out 3 bases at once with a single bugnor .. but I usually nuke bases with the smallest nuke possible to take it out.

and with the new patch bases don't have any "indestructible" structures anymore, so you can actually kill it completely with main guns and fighters. (a good thing!)

Sorry guys, but a question came up to my mind about a certain situation. Let's say I'm in MARS, and decide to go to TREAS, leaving my mining drones in Mars to keep mining. Do I still lose EP's when a transport is destroyed in that area, just because my drones were mining in Mars?

quote:

Originally posted by nasos073:

As a matter of fact, it happened to me last day and I was wondering why! After 5 hours of playing, I managed to get 3500EP's. While checking the ship's subsystems, I looked on the Roster Tab and saw - Oh, s**t - [-1500EP's]!!! All these happened in the POLARIS region while I was following a suspicious transport in the PROCYON's front yard: ACTIS IV. Who said that any region is ever been cleared?...

Every mercenary will engage any diplomat ship it detects in the area. So if you're TER/MIL, every destroyed diplomat means -5000 EP. It also means that every merc and diplomat will be on blue on your radar - watch it carefully all the time, because you won't get an alert beep when such situation occurs.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Every mercenary will engage any diplomat ship it detects in the area. So if you're TER/MIL, every destroyed diplomat means -5000 EP. It also means that every merc and diplomat will be on blue on your radar - watch it carefully all the time, because you won't get an alert beep when such situation occurs.

DOH!

Do I lose EP if I destroy the mercenary aswell?

I have a quick question about diplomat and other castes attacking them. Why the assassins, a caste primaly designed to engage them, is neutral to them? I have never seen any assassin attacking a diplomat ship. Am I missing something?

• 7 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

just aquick FYI,

you can also lose experience by docking at a station with intruders on board

Now thats something i didn't know.

[noted]

I would say NO, but hey i'm not sure. But just using common sense, if you cant defend yourself i dont see how the game can hold you responsible for other vessels getting destroyed.

Then again i've never played anything but MILITARY and MERCENARY.