Recovering your team...

Guest Fox__Trot

Guest Fox__Trot

I cant belive I had to post this

Ok anyways if someone could point me to the page in the manual where it covers "How to evac your team when you only use the transporter" it couldt hurt.

Heres my problem I beamed down to the surface for the first time (no shuttles, No CC, No fighter) just the transported down my question is how do i beam back up to my ship. After about 45minutes I gave up and restored to an old save

Thanks in advance

(Cant belive I had to post this )

• 5 weeks later...

I have two related sort of problems, but with DEPLOYING personnel with shuttles and teleporter.

1. My first problem is, I prep the marines for combat, when ready assign them to shuttle 1 though Tatical and also assign someone to pilot the shuttle (one of the officers say). With Tacops I find an area on a planet to deploy the toops, I set waypoints for SC1 to deploy team and then wait for orders. The shuttle goes down, lands but does not deploy toops! Am I doing something stupid, I've read the manuel and appendix but no joy. Maybe I missed something?

2. Also, after teleporting marines down to the surface, why do they just stand there. And when I give them orders they auto select themselves for evac and sometimes only half the teams lands, the others dissappear. Whats going on here, again am I doing something stupid coz I'd like to know how to do this properly.

Please help someone!

Look at the VCF under the downloads page (or at the top of the forums main page) for most current problems being fixed.

Regarding the comment about loosing some team members... Check that your not trying to deploy SF marines to the planet (they cant be transported down, nor can a shuttle drop them on the surface). They can only be deployed in space.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

The final 1.0.08 patch is almost a reality. Check the VCF.

A little OT, but have you considered my proposal I did yo you by email a while ago?

If you're talking about the ability to cancel hyperdrive after you've activated it - no, I'm not going to do it. Especially since I'd have to give NPCs the ability to do it.

Its simple: Look before you jump.

quote:

You forgot the situation when someone appears to your jump target AFTER you initiated jump procedure.

Nothing wrong with that... will be important in multiplayer. It's the downfalls of taking a slow powerful ship, since enemy ships can reach your target and set up ambush before you get there even if they jumped after you. It's a major tactical component to the game even in single player (I do it all the time).

Hello everybody here!

Excuse me if I'm bothering. Yesterday, my AE went down to surface in a shuttle. I made something wrong and the shuttle fled away, leaving me alone in the planet

I tried to beam me in to the CC (with the EVAC order) but after marking my AE with the EVAC signal, the EVAC button on the Tacops menu remainded in red, and I couldn't be beamed

My question is: Did I missed any step in the beaming procedure or there is something wrong? Perhaps I was too tired or so, but I don't know...

I remember also it happened to me time ago.

Please, help! And don't shoot me, I surrender!!

Thanks

[ 10-07-2002, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: SR-71 ]