Getting Started

gnipper

Hi All! My first post!

Ok, ive run through the tutorials, tried my hand at the various fun stuff people of posted. Just about got to grips with the sheer scale of the game and REALLY am lookin forward to playin it more and kickin some ass (im police caste! so watch out all you pirates and generally unlawful persons in MP)..

Just really want to know what people recommend doing other than the above to get used to the game and its multitude (infinite?) of features.

It is a very daunting game at first but ultimately seems to be very rewarding!!

All ideas are welcomed!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by The Gnipper:

hee hee - cool.. erm.. could someone answer my question!?

Have you tried the Campaigns yet? Pick the military castes and fly around the Universe, get killed a lot and kill lots of others!

The game I am in now has been going for over 120 hours! The Indie campaign is open ended so you could play it for months(years?). Learn by doing.

[ 09-12-2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: MIKE113 ]

Am I a Target? I hate Gammulans. KILL ME. Or at least try. I have GALCOM to back me up.

-----------------------------------------

ANNOUNCER:We have just heard that GALCOM HQ was destroyed by a Terran Police Vehicle attempting to rid the universe of criminals.

-----------------------------------------

oops, HELP!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Am I a Target?

YES

quote:

I hate Gammulans.

That's nice, and your point is what?

quote:

KILL ME.

OK, the pleasure is all mine

quote:

or at least try.

Try? I never try, I just do it!!

quote:

I have GALCOM to back me up.

Is that supposed to scare me?

That was fun, time for a "The Bunny hunt", new campaign, can you find THE BUNNY? Hiding behind all the Galcommies? Where is The Bunny in the Battlecruiser universe, kinda like, "where is Carmen San Diego" Only when you find him you kill him, no capture in this game.

Although it might be fun to roast him for a while. Bunny, YUM!!!

quote:

YAY WHO WANTS SOME PIZZA!!

Yes, Pizza sounds MUCH better, bunny with Carrots just not sound at all appetizing, although there will not be enough of you left to put in a matchbox once we vaporize your little ship.

Now see what you have gone and done? You have painted a BIG old target on your chest for the WHOLE diplomacy fleet to see.

And a little hint, we ain't diplomats. We'll come see you, sure, but we don't come to talk. We come to bring our own sort of diplomacy.

I have more protection than you realize. Im part of the n00b Revolution. We get our funding from the chicken revolution. They get us food and weapons (incase we have to go into hiding in the wilderness for sometime) and we give them RANDOMs and Rocket launchers to fight against the chicken farmers.

quote:

I have GALCOM to back me up.

Erm, *couhg* right *cough* I guess your protected if we put you in psychiatric facility

quote:

I have more protection than you realize. Im part of the n00b Revolution. We get our funding from the chicken revolution. They get us food and weapons (incase we have to go into hiding in the wilderness for sometime) and we give them RANDOMs and Rocket launchers to fight against the chicken farmers.

Bite me

quote:

Hey!... That's not very nice.

When was one of the requirements of BCM MP to be nice added?

Gammulans ARE NOT nice, we are mean, and love to take over new territory, we love war. And war is not nice. Our job is kill and break things.

Mainly galcommies and those that support them.

Chicken revolution? Hmm, at least when I put down one of those, I can eat what's left. White meat or dark meat? I'll take a thigh!!

quote:

And a little hint, we ain't diplomats. We'll come see you, sure, but we don't come to talk. We come to bring our own sort of diplomacy.

I dont know, I kind of like diplomacy Annexation, Devastation, Usurpation, and Domination

Not to be confused with the four branches of arithmetic: Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision (from Alice in Wonderland, for those of you who donÔÇÖt know).

quote:

As for the Chicken Revolution, I was not joking. Some of you already have your fate sealed. :evil grin:

Very true, IÔÇÖm just hoping IÔÇÖm not one of those unfortunates whose fate it is to receive orders to chase down a bunch of chickens.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbit:

As for the Chicken Revolution, I was not joking. Some of you already have your fate sealed. :evil grin:

LMAO! Now thats funny!

quote:

I don’t know, I kind of like diplomacy… Annexation, Devastation, Usurpation, and Domination

Yes, I do believe she's got it!!

Yes Dragonlady, it is going to be a pleasure having you among the few, the proud, the devastating, The Diplomacy Fleet.

And The Bunny, must taste like Chicken!!