Shields

Running version 1.0.0.8RC18, when I turn my sheilds off to save plotonium, the NONE OF THAT HERE! keeps turning it back on again. Is there any way I can shoot her, or least stop her from keep turning it back on.

Also, I upgraded to thr Phased array ion disrupter and after installation my bridgeviewer was showing 100% but shown in blue for needs repair, so so my engineers normally behind my back (when I want my Shields or hull repaired) they BALDY go and repair the 100% bridgeviewer.

Whats going on?

Also, from my last post which is now closed. Can we at least invert the mouse controlls for first person mode. I could live with the keys I suppose but the mouse needs inverting.

[ 09-15-2002, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Cool, but what about the other probs?

[*]The bridgeviewer prob!

[*]The inverted mouse for F/P mode!

Can't wait for BCG with the Msg boards, that will be cool, just like in Elite. When is GBS II coming out?

What happened to the ship interior graphics from the first game? I liked them (Esp. the interceptor), gave more of a feeling that you were in the ship.

quote:

Originally posted by AllenKG2001:

Cool, but what about the other probs?

[*]
The bridgeviewer prob!

[*]
The inverted mouse for F/P mode!

Can't wait for BCG with the Msg boards, that will be cool, just like in Elite. When is GBS II coming out?

What happened to the ship interior graphics from the first game? I liked them (Esp. the interceptor), gave more of a feeling that you were in the ship.

He already answered those question. go re read his post.

What do you mean by the msg board?

About the cockpit graphics, there won't be any. Derek decided to drop that idea, even for a generic one. Since BCTC will be all in FP mode, I guess the cockpit will come back then.

quote:

I know how to un-assign the sys engineers from the bridgeviewer prob, but why does the bridgeviewer show up like this when it is at 100%?

The very NEXT time you use the board's report post feature to send us anything unrelated to an offensive or otherwise undesirable post (which is what its for), your posting rights will be revoked.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

I know how to un-assign the sys engineers from the bridgeviewer prob, but why does the bridgeviewer show up like this when it is at 100%?

The very NEXT time you use the board's report post feature to send us anything unrelated to an offensive or otherwise undesirable post (which is what its for), your posting rights will be revoked.

Dang, I was gonna give the n00b the boot

TTFN

Sorry about swearing in my first post and I do apologize.

I understand that I overlooked the fact that I could turn the power off to the SHIELDS in the Logistix comp. but I am only learning the game and asking for support.

I think my second point wasn't made clear, what I was trying to say was that even though the Bridgeviewer was at 100% and therefore should NOT need repairing, engineers were still assigned to repairing it. This happened after installing the Phased Array Ion Disruptor. Is this a bug or something that is supposed to happen?

If this point is not supposed to be included in this post, I'm sorry but I am only new to the game and don't know if this is a bug or just something I don't understand in the game.

I know that you must get alot of nonsense sent in from people and get fed up with them but I'm only trying to use this Support Forum for Support! I think the fact that I spelt SHIELDS wrong is not a valid reason for denying me access to the support posts.

Anyway, no hard feelings, and it was about 2 in the morning at the time I posted them.

Please, please can you help!

quote:

I think my second point wasn't made clear, what I was trying to say was that even though the Bridgeviewer was at 100% and therefore should NOT need repairing, engineers were still assigned to repairing it.

Thats rubbish.

• 2 months later...

I know it has been awhile since anyone posted on this thread, but I can answer the bridge viewer prob, that is if it hasnt already. Anyway I had the same prob and it turned out that if there are any artifacts in your cargo or any that have not been installed, then systems like the bridgeviwer will take damage and until the artifacts are either installed or taken out of the cargo it will continue to happen.