n00bed - Back in the Saddle (Update: Newbie Documents--10/28)

Okay. So I was like, really really bored today. And I upgraded my drivers, tweaked my ssytem, and cleaned stuff up a few weeks ago. I decided out of the blue to run BCM for the hell of it.

And thus began my revival adventure.

Hell. I got in, with the new patch and all, and I was like, "how do I work this?" I'm so damn used to running the external camera at least 1/4 of the time, and I even friggen forgot how to move the camera stuff. (N00B!)

Yeah. Then there were the controls and stuff. At least I remembered how to run TacOps, Tactical, and Logistix. Still didn't feel like using autopilot so much; never really did use it heavily in the ol' days.

Anyway, at one point I like accidentally used my favorite tactic of having my shuttles tow me, forgetting about the patch that nuked that little speed cheat. (N00B!)

Bleh. I've n00bed myself several times tonite already. But guess what--my system's been rock solid enough for me that I haven't had a crash in Windows and BCM for ages. Lol. My box's had such a bad track record of not being able to play for more than 1.5 hours of BCM. But I hold strong.

Anyway, I seem to have the ropes back in me. I await multiplayer. ^_^ And I'm catching up on boards.

Lol, right after taking a break off the game, I'm all hyped up about BCM. So what's the ETA on BCM Gold & MP? I heard late-November around here somewhere a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, I'm back. And I've been honing my other skillz on the net during my little shore leave. d00ds, Nova's back in town.

/me does a little dance.

EDIT:

OMFG POST 1337!!!

WH05 l33t B4BY?!?!?!

w00t.

[ 10-28-2002, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Okay. Right-o.

As I was saying. Back in the saddle. So, like, to prepare for MP, and a possible influx of newbies, as Orion PR Officer, and Newbie Welcome Wagon, I'm getting the ball rolling on finishing some of my older projects.

New sig and new avatar. ^_^

See sig extension. Both links (OF Handbook and Newbie Info) are active, and link to the current versions of both.

The Newbie Info page is the same one from my old Orion RP Source site that went down a while back. I'll be sure to update it and add more as I go.

More news later.

[ 10-28-2002, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]